Chapter 24

I don't own Star Wars or RWBY, as much as I want to...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imperial Vale Outskirts

It merely took a few miles of walking for Neo to realize even more differences to her home planet's landscape under the Empire's rule.

Before the Fall of Beacon, which seemed like a lifetime ago now, the surface outside the main city was rich with greenery, abundant with trees, bushes, and many other types of arboreal sights.

Now, it was merely even more flat grasslands that stretched on for miles, much of the ground seeming near death from the exploitation of deforestation for the wood to be used by the Empire in the main city.

Speaking of said bustling center place, Neo might've been going crazy, but she could swear that what was no doubt now Imperial Vale seemed to be bigger than how Vale was even before the fall.

(I know it's the main city of Lothal, but I really think this is what Vale and the surrounding areas would look like under Imperial occupation)

The walls were there again, but they seemed more durable than before, possibly to keep stray Grimm or rebels out of the city. And said city seemed to not only look restored, but seemed even bigger than how she remembered it, with tall buildings jutting into the sky and a big dome-like structure able to be seen in the center of it all, though it was obvious to see they were of Imperial design instead of Remnantian design.

Another difference she saw was the massive highway that went from the city into the open terrain. It was thirty meters in width with a steel divider for different lanes to it, signs for road safety, even spotlights for nighttime driving. Things that wouldn't be possible with the Grimm plaguing the planet constantly on travelers.

Which added to her confused worry about what exactly happened to her planet. The absence of the Grimm at all should be a good thing, but it was dampened with what the Empire was possibly doing to them for their war machine.

After making their way towards the sidewalk on the highway, Neo took a look at (Y/n) to see how he was holding up. He looked like he was holding strong, but she could see the underlying signs of sadness in his vistage at the loss of R3 in the crash. She may have not had so long a service record on the team, but she actually got along well with the little astromech once she understood binary code, enlisting his services to help her have some fun with the crew of the ship and asking him for help with things she needed repaired (or hacked). So to lose their droid friend made the atmosphere quite gloomy with how things had gone. She decided to talk about this another time as they came up to a guard post located at the base of the wall when they finally arrived at the city limits.

It was an opening in the wall of durasteel with a couple of AT-DPs standing guard at the sides, with about a dozen Stormtroopers at various points to guard the entrance. Added to that were the three entryways each for vehicles going in or out of the city, and the two toll booths for civilians looking to enter on foot. Both were heavily guarded, and if their landing method was anything to go by, then sneaking in with possibly unregistered IDs was a no go.