Chapter 15

Team RWBY's Dorm Room

By the time (Y/n) woke up from his own nap in the dorm, it was already dusk, and quite some time had passed between now and then. Wanting to stretch, he found his arms held down by a weight on his chest. Looking down, his eyes widened, remembering that he didn't go to sleep alone.

A large amount of blonde, wavy hair was in his face, with the owner of said hairs own face having a content, small smile on her face, looking peaceful in his arms that he now realized were still wrapped around her.

This was Yang Xiao Long, blonde brawler of team RWBY, someone who had a terrible event happen to her not more than a few hours ago, and one of his friends on this planet who had asked him to stay with her as she hugged him in their sleep. Fully realizing the position he was in, (Y/n) had a mental panic attack at recent events.

(Y/n): "(Thoughts) "Shit! Neo is definitely going to kill me if she finds out about this on her own! I have to find a way to break this to her gently. But I can't just turn her down after she kissed me from-... wait, that's it!" He thought quickly, and just in time, as he felt Uang stir in her sleep to show that she was waking up. Opening her lilac eyes and looking around, they rested on his own (E/c) ones and she smiled softly.

Yang: "Hey there..." she whispered.

(Y/n): "Hey yourself." He answered back as he rubbed her back before beginning. "So Yang... what are we right now?" He asked nervously. "Like, what is this?"

Yang: "... I'd... admittedly, like to think this is real, like real real." She said. "Are you... okay with that?"

(Y/n): "... Yang, there are some things you need to think about. Like for one, I feel like I'm taking advantage of you." He began, causing her to look up in confusion.

Yang: "What do you mean?" She asked.

(Y/n): "Think about it. You just came back from a socially devastating setback, let loose an entire flood of emotions, most of which based on your past of being used and taken advantage of, and now suddenly we're like this. To me, from what you've told me, it feels like I'm taking advantage of your vulnerable state, just like the many people that used you."

Yang: "But you aren't using me. I really do feel these feelings for you." She corrected with certainty.

(Y/n): "How? I've been a blunt hard-ass since I got here. What could you possibly see in a lowly guy like me?"

Yang: "Stop calling yourself that. You're not lowly, and yeah, you may have been harsh with us since day one, but you at least have the sense to know when you've hurt someone undeservingly and try to fix it, which is more than I can say for many people here on Remnant." She chided. "More importantly, you've been considering us in your decisions, and now I realize that you wanted to keep us safe from terrible things that would overwhelm and break us. You helped cheer Ruby up when she was upset after hearing your first Jedi story, you helped Blake overcome her obsession with the White Fang, you saved Ruby again in the Mount Glenn tunnels, and you brought your people to help protect the Vytal Festival. You care about us all a great deal, and you try to prepare us for real life against romanticized versions of how we were going to live our lives. You're almost like Ruby herself, caring about others greatly, but also wanting to bring out the truth of things, even if it brings nothing but pain for you and us to make us all stronger. That's why I... I think I fell in love with you." She answered honestly.

(Y/n): "...... There's another thing to consider, Yang. Like you said, I'm going to be leaving soon... and I can't ask you to abandon Ruby and your dad for me." He continued, resulting in Yang's eyes widening a bit at that realization. "It's like you said Yang, I care deeply about everyone, and that isn't limited to the people of Remnant. There are many worlds out there with millions of innocent beings, both human and alien, being oppressed by the Galactic Empire, and I can't just give up on them when I have the power to do something about it. It's both my oath as a rebel and a Jedi to help the people of the galaxy in times of need. I can't turn my back on them when they need help now more than ever... I can't turn my back on my fellow rebels that fought so long with me against the Empire's tyranny... and I will never ask you to turn your back on your family and friends that care about you so you can join us in a war, Yang. Your loved ones mean too much to you for me to even think of asking you to do something like that." He finished somberly.