Chapter 26

Dracyonis Badlands

Slowly opening his eyelids, (Y/n) blinked the sleep out of his eyes as he woke up from his slumber and collected his bearings.

Stretching a little, he looked around as best he could to take in his surroundings.

The first thing he realized was where he was.

They were in the underground barracks that Hazel Reinhart had given them to spend the night before to sleep off their exhaustion from searching for them this far

The next thing he saw were his teammates.

Neo was resting with him in their shared bunk, arms wrapped around him and his around her, laying her head next to the crook of his neck. Gory was resting on the lower bunk with his bowcaster next to him and his ryyk blade close at hand in case of emergencies.

Shieeva was on the same boat, but more as laying on the ground with a makeshift pillow of spare clothing she had on hand and her cloak, showing only light armor on her being and one of her knives close at hand like Gory's sword.

Sim and Alema were in the opposite bunks, with Sim on the upper bunk and Alema on the lower, seeming more at ease of their situation at hand.

And Stromvel?

He took two entire single bunks, laying his massive bulk on the mattresses, breaking the legs of each and hitting the floor, not that the big Dowutin seemed to mind really.

This had been a normal sight at times, when they were on longer assignments and needed to crash in the barracks they possibly had at times.

Such sentimental times brought a small smile to his face, which was needed in these times.

If they were going to be focused on saving the galaxy from the Grimm, and saving Remnant for that matter, they needed to be as sharp as ever, meaning getting used to things different since the last time they were here.

Especially with the two deaths he was told yesterday. Ruby Rose and Weiss Schnee.

The news of Weiss' death didn't really hurt him that much, since they didn't see eye to eye that much, though they still conversed a few times during his stay at Beacon, most of it telling her about the governments and corporations that existed before the Empire. Regardless, she was still a friend of his, and knowing that she was gone now was still heart-stinging.

Then there was Ruby.

He saved her life when he first crash-landed on this planet. She was the first native he actually saw in this world. The first person to make friends with, the first person to try and heal his personal pain despite not knowing him well, and someone that always had a positive view in dark situations.

So knowing that he would never hear either of the two girl's voices ever again brought quite a bit of sadness to his heart, just like when he lost everything at the end of the Clone Wars.

He was then brought out of his musings when Neo began to stir and open her eyes with a groan. Seeing her man awake already, she leaned forward and gave him a good morning kiss.

Neo: "Hey you. Sleep okay?" She asked.

(Y/n) just gave a sigh and sat upright on the bed, Neo leaning on her arm right behind him, her right hand coming to rest on his right shoulder and her head near his left as he groaned a bit.

(Y/n): "I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this..." He admitted. "Ruby and Weiss are dead... Remnant isn't how we left it... the Empire has turned the Huntsmen and Huntresses into resistance fighters in a war... I feel like this is all my fault..." He said slowly.