Chapter 27

Dracyonis Seas

After some time of escaping the ambush set up by the Imperials to free the rebel operative, who was surprisingly revealed to be none other than Emerald Sustrai herself, Revenant and their allies made it with to open waters along the coastline with revealed smuggler Captain Parsoon who smuggled them to the rebels in the first place.

Though not all was well and good though.

Mainly because (Y/n) still wasn't given back to them by the voice that had taken control of his body.

Granted, the voice did save him from being captured by the Imperials and also saved them from dying in orbit to get down to Remnant, but they were still suspicious of whoever this voice was motives with their commander and friend.

Right now, they were on Parsoon's boat sailing under the cover of a storm that had luckily come about them to hide from any patrols, hunkering down in the lower deck of the ship while the captain steered in the control room.

Ilia took Emerald to the infirmary to patch her up from the wounds she was inflicted with by Imperial torturers as their prisoner.

And Revenant was now currently situated in the cargo hold, getting as comfy as they could with the space they had, though there was evident tension in the air.

Mainly because once in a while, two, three, sometimes the whole squad would glance over at "(Y/n)?" while he stared off through a circular window in the room they had at the raging storm.

Eventually the team couldn't take it any more and decided to break the ice with their newest resident.

Neo: "Excuse me? Mr. Voice?" She asked.

'(Y/n)?' at first didn't respond to her, seeming almost lost in thought as he looked out into the storm before Neo called out to him multiple times, bringing him out of his mental debate and looking at the group with him. "What is it?" He asked.

Alema: "We wanna know when you're gonna give us our boss back." She spoke.

Voice: "When I am certain we are safe and sound." He answered.

Shieeva: "Well, we are safe and sound, so you can give us back our friend now." She spoke evenly, ready for a fight if need be, should the voice prove bothersome.

Voice: "So quick to assume you are safe just because we are from the enemy city, are you?" He asked critically. "Only when we are truly safe will I give him back."

Neo: "What do you mean? Why can't you give him back now?" She demanded, wanting to know why she couldn't get (Y/n) back just yet.

Voice: "Because there is always the chance that we could be ambushed by the enemy outside of their territory, or by other factors not involved in our war. I seek to keep my host safe until I know for certain his is in your base of operations to give him back. The fact that I had to save him from that assassin just shows he still has much to learn to be become stronger." He answered back.

For a while, Revenant just stared at him with critical eyes, still untrusting of who this voice could be and why he chose to possess (Y/n) of all people. Just before they could ask another question though, Ilia came into the room they were in.

Ilia: "Okay, Emerald's gone through hell and back with what she told me she went through, but she's going to make it. I was able to patch up the more serious wounds she had, all she needs is some rest." SHe spoke, breaking the tense atmosphere.

Neo sighed in relief. "Thank you Ilia. That's good to hear."

Voice: "Indeed. We will need all the able bodied hands we can get to defeat this Empire." He added, gaining Ilia's attention, due to her also curious about this change in (Y/n)?'s behavior.