Chapter 10

Mount Glenn Ruins

While (Y/n) was sleeping, thankfully without any nightmares this time, he started to stir due to feeling something off about in the area and waking up. Looking around, he saw that Blake was now lying on his chest with her arms around him, while Yang was no longer with them, probably taking her turn to watch. Slowly, and very carefully, (Y/n) snuck out of the cat girl's grasp and got up from the mats to stretch. Being on a rebel sleep schedule meant that (Y/n) rarely got any sleep, so he adapted to operate with only a few hours of shut eye to get going for the day. Looking out a window and seeing it was still night out, he decided to go for a walk around the surrounding area, until he noticed that Ruby wasn't around them either. Looking through the Force, he saw her life signature around a mile away from their campsite. (Y/n) then started making his way towards her and finding her, as well as Zwei, hiding behind a wall with Ruby having her weapon at the ready.

Before she could move from her spot, (Y/n) spoke directly behind her.

(Y/n): "What are you doing?"

The response he got was a squeal of fear and Ruby jumping into his arms again and Zwei turning around and barking at him. After she saw it was (Y/n) she jumped down and angerly got in his face.

Ruby: (Whispering) "(Y/n)! How many times, do I have to tell you: STOP. SCARING. ME. LIKE THAT!" She said quietly with a serious tone.

(Y/n): "It's not my fault you let your guard down from behind." He snickered silently before going serious as well. "But back to my question, what are you doing here, with your weapon no less? And why are we whispering?"

Ruby: "Zwei had to go to the bathroom and so I followed him to make sure he was safe. We were making our way back until we saw them: two White Fang grunts around the corner!" She answered, pointing behind her.

Looking over the wall they were hiding behind, (Y/n) did indeed saw two White Fang goons making their way towards the mouth of a cave and disappearing into the darkness.

(Y/n): "Hmm, you're right. You go back to the camp and get the others. I'll follow them and see what's going on." He ordered, bringing out his blaster and slowly beginning to make his way to the cave.

Ruby: "But (Y/n), I can help!"

(Y/n): "You can help by getting the others and bringing them along for the ride. I'm just going to see what I can without being detected."

Ruby: "But there may not be time! What if they do something right away or-!"

(Y/n): "Ruby! This is not up for discussion. I am an assistant on this trip, but Ozpin was very clear: listen to what Oobleck AND I have to say." He stated firmly, causing Ruby to flinch and lower her head. "Now please, just go back and-."

He was interrupted by their heights lowering a few inches and a rumbling sound. Looking down, the two's eyes widened at seeing the ground about to cave in.

(Y/n): "Damn it-!" was all he had to say before the floor gave way to a cavernous drop and he fell down, not seeing Ruby just barely make it in time to the ledge.

After a moment of falling, he landed on the roof of an underground building and slowly got up from his fall, despite his no injured side from landing so hard the wrong way. A door bursting open drew his attention and he looked up to see two more White Fang grunts rushing in.

WFG 1: "Freeze human!"

WFG 2: "Who is he?! Where the hell did he come from?!"

Not wanting to take a chance, (Y/n) decided to try and use the Force to influence their minds. Drawing into their subconscious, he started using a Jedi mind trick on them.