Chapter 21

Massive Time skip

Five years.

Five long years is how long it had been since that day.

The day when Revenant squadron gained a seventh member and a better understanding of each other thanks to said seventh member.

And much had happened in those five years it had happened.

During their war of insurrection, the team known as Revenant squad toned down their suicidal tendencies on missions against the dictatorial Galactic Empire, taking reserve jobs such as escort and mercy runs. While this was a bit of a challenge to get used to at first, the group eventually did ease into their new lifestyles, much to the relief of Alliance leadership, who were happy to have them realizing their own mortality and standing in the galaxy.

They also took up what their commander had said and decided to not only treat each other like family a bit more, but also visit what little family they had left when they had the time.

Gory would at times travel in a single starfighter used by the Bastion Battalion and fly to see his kin on Alaris Prime, where his first family, life mate, and surviving son eagerly welcomed him into their new home on the hidden Wookiee colony world. The refreshment of Wookiee lifestyle and his family's counseling reminded Gory of his past life and gave him the closure he needed to forgive himself of being unable to save the son he lost and move on from his vengeful ways like (Y/n) did. So, the weapons man of the squad would always come back home with a new smile of his hairy face for alternating between families he spent time with.

Shieeva was an even bigger change. She took a lead from Gory and decided to visit her brother on Onderon with his fake identity, learning that he and his fellow Rodian girlfriend were actually expecting and invited her to their wedding. Though she scolded her brother for his reckless actions and planning, she relented when he pleaded for her to come in attendance, being his fiancée's maid of honor (something she never wanted to do again) and had a nice time with her remaining family that would soon be expanding. Since then, she had become a little less cold and murderous for Imperial blood. She still retained her sharp tongue and looks, but she knew she had to make impression changes of herself to become a good role model for her future niece/nephew.

Stromvel stayed true to his own word and started visiting his granddaughter whenever he could, her father's brother-in-law and wife happy to see Korinnka, now in her teenage years for a Dowutin, eager to learn from her grandfather's skills, wanting to know everything he knew about their heritage and what it should mean to be a Dowutin in his eyes. Like the proud pawpaw he was, the old demo behemoth delighted in teaching Korinnka everything he knew from explosives to being a true Dowutin.

Sim was the most progressive and happiest of them all, as he had achieved one of his goals: he had finally found his sister and mother. On a mercy mission to the planet Selonia, Sim hacked into the servers of the Imperial comms network and heard about two Sullustan slaves the Imperial forces commander kept around for service needs, which was all the incentive (Y/n) needed to order a change in course and commence a planned attack on the Imperial base the slaves were allegedly in. With the help of the native Selonians they aided and their cave networks, the team eventually found themselves underneath the base and very close to the commander's office, making a surprise attack much more easier surprise attack. Storming into the caught off guard commanding officer using two Sullustan females as servants to hold his personal favorite foods and drinks like maids. Killing him without a word, the group questioned the two aliens, and found out miraculously that they were indeed Sim's remaining family. After a quick, heartfelt reunion, the team evacuated the two members of Sim's original family offworld and dropped them off at a mercy camp on the planet Arda One, giving the reunited family enough time to catch up and go over what had happened to them. They spent two days on Arda with Sim telling them all about his adventures with the team searching for them while they had been enslaved on Selonia during the entire time as servants. Eventually, after finally having fulfilled their amount of family time, Sim told them that he needed to get back into the fray so as to pay off his debt to Revenant for helping him find, rescue, and treat them. Though his mother and sister didn't want him to leave them again, they understood after he explained his standing with the squad and they wished him a heartfelt farewell, telling Revenant to watch over him like they always did.