Chapter 25

Horizon Shoreline

As the boat they were on started making its way towards the harbor, (Y/n) started looking at the approaching harbor town that was coming up on them.

Neo had gone back to the truck to get things ready with the others while he stayed behind to see the rising sun over the ocean, since it was now early morning.

While he stared over the dark blue sky, his thoughts kept swirling around him.

His friends weren't the type to just sit back and let an alien conglomerate swoop in and take over their planet, even if it did end in the total removal of the Grimm from the planet.

Which led him to some serious questions.

Did Ruby and her friends try a few times and fell back to fight another day?

Or did they refuse to back down and challenge the Empire head on... which would result in their deaths?

He knew that they were all skilled and good in their own right, but to fight in an actual war? Against living beings? With the whole emotional baggage that comes with the hellish actions that war-time brings?

(Y/n) shook his head from those thoughts. He shouldn't think such things right now. He needed to focus and plan his own team's next move.

As he thought more on it, the captain of the ship came up to him.

He was a dark-skinned man with an elderly look to him, as well as a graying beard and some badges under his eyes.

He wore a dark blue captain's jacket over a white short, tan pants, and a white captain's cap on his head.

The old man approached one of his passengers and gazed off into the ocean before speaking.

Captain: "Quite a time to be alive here on Remnant, eh?" He started. "This Galactic Empire comes in, takes over the planet, removes what makes Remnant special, and suddenly we're all nothing more than expandable numbers in the hierarchy's view of us these days." He said as he began to take a smoke.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow at the man before speaking as well. "That's an interesting view you have. Most people I've met have a more positive view of the Imps." He said.

Captain: "Bah! Dose are either cowards who don't wanna lose their power and influence, or blind fools who can't see this regime for what it truly is. Taking away our rights as living beings, branding children as traitors of humanity, and running the planet's resources to the ground! Why, Dust has now become as rare as gold these days because of how toxic the planet has now become! I tell ya lad, in my day, Remnant was better than this. True the Grimm put a severe damper on things, but it's better than being a slave to the gov in power." He explained.

(Y/n): "... is that why you agreed to smuggle me and my crew across the sea to Dracyonis?" He asked cautiously, since this captain didn't seem like the bribing type when he agreed for payment in exchange for passage to this land.

Captain: "Ah, I've been doing this ever since the Empire came. People with common sense needed get'in away from the bastards, so I started using my boat 'ere to smuggle 'em 'cross the seas for new lands. The Imps may be 'dere as well, but it's got only one garrison for the entire continent." He explained.

The rebel jedi raised his brow at that, curious to where this might lead. "Sorry for my rudeness, but I don't think I got your name." He asked.

"Captain Travis Parsoon, at 'yer service lad. And I don't mind not asking for me' name. Helps with the whole 'inconspicuous smuggle' role I take pride in." He laughed a little, turning to the rising sun just beginning to come up.