Chapter 6

Downtown Vale

As soon as (Y/n) helped Ruby get the big rat off and away from her and help her out of the dumpster, he decided now would be a good time to ask Ruby about how she knew Penny.

Ruby: "Oh, it's actually kind of funny really. One time when we went to the docks during the set up for the Vital Festival, we came across a White Fang crime scene, which caused Weiss and Blake to get into a fight. This was before we found out that Blake was a Faunus by the way. So after a few moments, we heard a shout and Sun, the blonde monkey Faunus you met in our dorm earlier today, ran from the ship past us. Weiss thought he was a contestant for the tournament that comes with the festival so she ran after him the question him. When we caught up with her, we found her over Penny who she knocked over. She seemed like a weird, but very friendly person, so I agreed to be her friend when she asked me. Though now I know and understand why she was so secretive and nervous about herself being treated differently by people." She explained

(Y/n): "Yeah, me too..." He replied somberly, and with good reason.

Ever since the Clone Wars ended with a victory for the Sith, (Y/n) learned upon further investigation in the current politics that Palpatine hadn't just destroyed the Jedi's order, he also destroyed their reputation.

Contrary to popular belief among the individuals that knew the Jedi personally, the Jedi were treated somewhat mixed before the war, and generally disliked when it began, to hated after the war ended by much of the galactic populace for a few good reasons.

One of them was that the Jedi where the ones who allegedly proposed and bought the clone army used by the Republic. And even though it would've been a better alternative than simply recruiting and training normal beings to fight the droid army, the reason this was an example of why the people disliked the Jedi is because as the war dragged on, people started losing access to necessities like electricity and water due to budget constraints that went into funding and supplying the GAR. That was an easy way to earn someone's ire.

Another reason is because of image. Palpatine wasn't just able to fool the Jedi, but also the entire Galactic Republic with his deception of seemingly being an innocent, old man that cared deeply for the government as a whole, when in reality, he just wanted ultimate power over the current galactic government in the center of the universe. He made the Jedi seem like warmongers that lead clone armies into battle for more territory for the Republic they fought for as military leadership, while he made himself look like an understanding friend that tried to stem both the Jedi and civilians tensions with each other. So when Palpatine announced that the Jedi he allegedly trusted tried to assassinate him for control of the Republic, no doubt the real reason was because the masters found out he was a Sith lord, you could only imagine how well the people that didn't know the Jedi personally took it.

But the most major factor was due to who the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems was: Count Dooku. Once a well renown and respected Jedi master, Dooku supposedly left the order to claim his family title and fortune on his home planet of Sereno. Later, it was discovered that Dooku had fallen to the dark side of the Force and become Sith, but the galaxy thought the Sith where now extinct at the time, some not even believing they exist and where just made up to frighten children, and so they all believed Dooku to still be a Jedi. This caused massive mistrust between the majority of the Republic and the Jedi order, especially when Dooku committed several devastating terrorist attacks before and after the war in his name of separatism.

Because of all this, whenever Jedi were mentioned in an incident, the galaxy reacted negatively at it, to the point where angry mobs would sometimes form to lynch suspected Jedi or their sympathizers so they would be spared of imperial lockdown to get on with their lives. This lead became one of his main reasons for hiding his Jedi identity paranoidly, for fear that the population of the planet he was on would turn them over to the imperials for either loyalty to their new masters, fear that their normal lives would be disrupted by a planetary lockdown, or even a quick credit as the Empire had put out a massive bounty on any surviving Jedi still running from 'imperial justice'. So he truly understood Penny's anxiety about being treated like an outcast if people learned she was mechanical instead of organic.