Chapter 4

Beacon Courtyard (a few weeks later)

It had been some time now since (Y/n) had crash landed on Remnant, and needless to say, the next few weeks were quite interesting at the least.

After getting properly settled in and refusing the headmaster's offer to join Beacon due to his mission, Ozpin offered him to work as a type of security guard on campus grounds with a fake ID to hide his alien origins. He would keep the grounds and hallways secure and bring his blaster and lightsaber with him to defend himself and defuse situations, provided he didn't beat the offenders into unconsciousness like he did with team CRDL (even if they deserved it). Not that it would be necessary either way. Ever since the fiasco between him and the bullies, Cardin and his gang steered clear of him at every possible turn. So after going pale when at a school assembly that introduced him as the new security guard of the school, they were confronted by (Y/n), threating that if he caught them do anything even remotely racist again, he would break his oath to his new job and make it so that they literally would never walk ever again, which they fervently agreed to. Since then, they even left Velvet alone from then on, not wanting to risk another beat down that would get them in trouble.

Then there was (Y/n)'s three teams of new friends. Team CFVY admittedly were suspicious of him at first when they first met, but it was mainly because he attacked professor Oobleck out of fear when he first woke up on Remnant (and beat them under the span of a minute fighting them). Now after learning about him defending Velvet and being told a bit by Ozpin and teams RWBY and JNPR, they insisted he hang with them if he was bored with his rounds around the school and talk about anything that came up. He still avoided personal questions about his life and the war, only giving small, censored answers to them, but he was a little more open with these people. When Velvet asked him what his weapon was, he decided to tell her, under the promise that she and her friends keep it a secret, saying that it was a very special weapon that could only be used by him. After they agreed, he ignited his weapon from both sides and said it was called a lightsaber, a metal hilt that focused energy through a type of crystal called a kyber crystal to make a blade of plasma that could cut through almost anything and be shut on and off with the flip of a switch on the side. After commenting about that being the explanation to why Yatsu's blade Fulcrum was sliced in half so easily, (Y/n) remembered to apologize for destroying his weapon, but Yatsu waved it off, saying he was close to fixing it already and that it was in the past. Before he turned his lightsaber off and asked if Fox was blind, (Y/n) saw a flash at his side and saw that Velvet had taken a picture of his weapon. After apologizing and saying that it was her thing to memorize new unique weapons, (Y/n) told her it was okay, but asked her to please not show that picture to anyone. She agreed, and then went back to talking with the second years, with Coco asking about what types of outfits people in space wore in their cities.

Then there was team JNPR. And he thought his own squad was the only one very diverse, but this team of huntsmen-in-training made them seem normal. Jaune, for some unholy weird reason, was team leader, and without a doubt the weakest link of the team. He was certainly trying his best to train and get stronger, but he had no aura or semblance, little to no combat training, and was just a simple goofball that would undoubtedly get people killed with his childish tendencies if he were in a real war battle. (Y/n) knew that Jaune was a good friend to have around for moral support, but that was just about it, and knew that if a situation called action, he might not be that much help. Nora, however, was even more childish and crazy. She was like a kid with ADHD given ten doses of sugar. After finally convincing her that he was just another human that was simply from another planet and that there was nothing special about his anatomy and biology, she always went on and on and on about pancakes, breaking legs, and something called 'thunder thighs', asking him if they had such things on his planet. (Y/n) wondered if this was what it was like to raise a kid for parents. Then there was Pyrrha. She was a huntsman prodigy, and showed so much prowess in combat and decision making that (Y/n) wondered why she wasn't team leader instead. Though she showed modesty and lack of self-confidence in herself for that matter, so that didn't mean she was perfect like people said she was. And finally there was Ren, who (Y/n) thought was a more mellow, calm version of himself. He was calm, collected, meditated and drank tea to keep his emotions in check, and was skilled in a great range of many things. (Y/n) thought he would've made a good Jedi sentinel if the order wasn't destroyed.