He knew

"I- what?" He looked at me with shock.

"You knew about my grandmother, that's what you were going to tell me in the kitchen wasn't it?" I looked at him, yelling at myself to not let any tears fall. Especially not in front of Camilo.

"Well, I did but-" he started.

"Then why did you never tell me!" I shouted.

"Because- I-" He stammered.

"Because why Camilo." I said tears building up, my throat had a lump.

"You seemed so happy and I didn't want to see you sad." He looked down, moving his hands around.

I took another step down, just at eye level of Camilo. He looked up at me, "I seem to feel more miserable that the person I trusted most in this household failed to tell me about my own grandmother." I whispered, lips quivering.

"I am so, so sorry y/n." He whispered back.

"I bet you are Camilo." I said heading back up the stairs.

"Where are you going to sleep y/n?" Camilo said in his normal voice again.

"Mirabel's room." I said not looking back.

"I- y/n if you think about it, it's sort of is Mirabel's fault." He whispered.

I stopped at the steps and then walked back down, "How can you say that Camilo!? It is not!" I shouted.

"I-I mean you saw the vision y/n! Whatever Mirabel keeps doing, she's going to make us lose our gifts." He said looking down.

"You can't be serious right now Camilo! Your gift is more important than Mirabel?!" I looked at him in the eye.

"That's not what I meant y/n." He stammered.

"Really? Because that's what you basically just said." I said whispering to him again.

"Without my gift I am NOTHING!" He shouted, now he had tears in his eyes.

I backed my head away, blinking confusedly. "That's not true, you are something even without your gift Camilo."

"But I'm not! I'm not going to be special anymore!" He said sitting down at the stairs, putting his hand through his hair.

I sat down next to him, "You are something Camilo, to me you are more than just your gift. You don't realize it now, but you will. But if you lose your gift it will not be because of Mirabel." I looked at the ground as I felt him looking back at me.

"Y/n I- I just got mad." He stuttered.

"You spent 5 years in the nursery with Mirabel, I know you don't mean it, but you should still think about what I said Camilo. Not even I have a gift but I am perfectly fine on my own, and to me I feel special." I said standing up to go back up the stairs, leaving Camilo with his thoughts on casita's stairs.

"You and Camilo having problems?" Mirabel said quietly as I sat on her bed with her, laying my head on her shoulder.

"Something like that." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

The next morning I woke up on a mattress on Mirabel's bed as she slept in Antonio's old bed because it hadn't been cleared out of the room yet.

I yawned, going to the edge of the bed to realize I never brought my bag into Mirabel's room. Meaning, it was still in Camilo's.

I groaned in frustration, I needed to get ready before everyone started to wake up. I quietly shut the door, and bumped into Dolores running away from a painting.