My Twin

"Y/n! Oh honey!" My mom exclaimed as she threw her arms over me.

I stood there just enjoying the warm, missed hugs from my mom until I ended up hugging her back.

"Oh kiddo, we missed you." My dad said ruffling my hair.

I parted the hug, "How are you even alive? All this time I thought you were.."

"Dead?" My father laughed, "Please, that's what we wanted you to believe. We couldn't stand it if you tried to look for us, we needed you to be safe."

"So, you faked your death?" I looked at both of them confused.

"Oh no honey, it wasn't supposed to be like that." My mom said, kneeling down on one knee so she could be at the same height.

"Your mother was incredibly sick, and we needed to get medicine. The closest place we found that had the thing we needed was Devin's house. We had no money..." my father continued.

"So you stole." I finished.

My mother nodded and took a deep breath, "After I used the medicine, Devin caught us. We hadn't realized it was for his wife. He kept us locked in a cage for years. Once your grandmother found us, we pleaded her to tell you we were gone."

"Oh that's some family drama right there." Carlos whispered to Camilo.

"Shut up dude." Camilo whispered elbowing him in the arm.

My mom and dad looked at them, "Uh, darling who are those two?" My dad asked.

Camilo and Carlos walked next to me, "Well this is Carlos, he's a friend and this is Camilo he's.." I looked at him. Was it too early to announce him my boyfriend? What if he didn't want that? Did I want that?

"He's also my friend." I smiled softly.

"Well, it is very nice to meet the both of you." My mother said politely with a smile.

I looked at Camilo's smile start to shrink a little. I looked down, was it the wrong choice of words?

I looked behind my mom, "So, who are those two?"

The oldest boy walked up to and extended his arm out, "I'm Andres, y/n. I am..well I'm your older brother." He showed a smile.

I shook it hesitantly, "Older brother? I didn't grow up with any brothers." I said still looking at him. He had tan colored hair, it was curly but not as curly as Camilo's and Carlos's. He had fair tan skin and his eyes were a darkish green.

My mom cleared her throat, "Well y/n, we had adopted Andres. We took him in when we were traveling beyond the mountains."

"How did you end up getting into the cage with her parents?" Camilo asked him.

Andres let go of my hand and stood up straight, "I tried to save them..as a thank you for rescuing me from the streets. I..was sloppy and I ended up getting caught."

"We aren't disappointed in you son, it was a bold act of bravery." My father said with a gentle smile.

"And I'm Nicolas, you can call me Nic for short." the younger boy came up to me with his hand for me to shake.

I shook it, "Are you adopted too?" I asked.

I looked at him closely. Something about his appearance was familiar. His hair was still a bit curly, but it seemed to be more straight like me. He had dark brown eyes, also like me. I studied his face closely, he looked like..

"Y/n, meet your twin. Nicolas." My father announced.

My eyes widened, that's why he looks so familiar! He looked like me! And that sort of explains why we could read each other's ideas, or we thought of the same thing. It was like...twin telepathy!