The Letter

I sighed in frustration when I realized the wizard just disappeared without saying another word. Just leaving me in the hallway, in front of Mirabel's door looking like an idiot who was "clearly" talking to a wall.

"Looks like I have to find out myself." I mumbled annoyed as I rushed to my mother's door.

As soon as I stood in front of the door, I couldn't really tell if I was just eager to find out what my mom was hiding or if I just wanted to get this over with. I bumped into someone as they dropped a bunch of books.

Without looking I was quick to help pick up the books before actually glancing at the holder of the books.

"Carlos?" I asked surprised.

"That's me." He said as I handed him his books. His cheeks shaded into a bright pink as he rubbed the back of his neck, he looked..embarrassed.

I smiled at his embarrassment, "I didn't know you were a reader."

"Well, everyone needs a hobby I guess." He said as he struggled to hold all his books.

I smiled as I took some of the books and helped him bring them into the guest room that he was staying in.

"Thanks y/n," he thanked.

I nodded as I started to head for the door.

"Y/n?" Carlos asked as my hand laid on the doorknob.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Um...." he started, "Would you..maybe..like to hangout with me tomorrow?"

I looked at him for a moment before I got what he was trying to ask. He was asking me out, duh!

I put on a smile, "I'd love that."

He smiled happily, "Okay. Yeah, uh- meet me at the pond tomorrow?"

I nodded, "See you then." I replied as I shut the door. A little wave of happiness brushed over me as I shut the door, only a little smile appeared but in the inside I was setting off fireworks.

I made my way back to my mother's room, only trying to expect the worst because I knew nothing she had to say, was going to make my day any better. And expecting good news, would be putting me on a trail to sadness and anger.

As soon as I knocked on the door, there was no response. I furrowed my brows and knocked repeatedly until I ran out of patience.

"Mom? I'm coming in alright?" I called as I slowly opened the door. I carefully peeked in the room but there was no one and nothing in sight, "Mom?" I asked myself quietly. Not knowing if I was asking a question or calling out for her.

The room was neatly tidied up, the bed was made and there was nothing on the floor like she'd just vacuumed it. The clothes were neatly folded and put away in the drawers but there was a majority missing, and there were some coats missing from the closet but the remaining coats and jackets were all nicely and neatly arranged.

I looked around confused, why would my mom clean out half her room?

I walked towards the bed where I found a tiny piece of paper laying on the white comforter. At first, it didn't look like much. It was a small piece of paper that was probably a corner of an average sized piece of paper until I continued to unfold it. My mother could've written a whole book! And for what? It seemed as if it was longer than the Bee Movie script.

I sighed as I sat down on the bed and started to read.

I'm sorry it's coming to this darling, but your father and I have decided for the best it was time for us to depart and cut our visit short to Encanto. I realize that I haven't been the best mother ever to you and I am deeply sorry and will forever regret it. I want you to realize you are so much more special than anyone in this world and I would sacrifice my life for you. I want you to know that I love you very much, and no matter what ridiculous thing you've done or what stupid thing I have did, I will love you always. I haven't been an easy person to get along with, and I've realized that. Your father has made it clear that we weren't getting along incredibly smoothly because of a secret I've been hiding..

I put down the letter for a moment with so many thoughts running through my head. My mom just LEFT?! Some mother she is..er- was? Whatever.

Here comes the big secret! I can finally get my powers back, my room back...just one step closer to FINALLY getting things back to normal.

It's about your door. You see y/n, Viola wasn't the one who broken your door, it was your father. He wanted to teach you a lesson and you shouldn't take advantage of your luxuries. He gave Viola a secret spell which was from your great grand father, making the first thing Viola touched after eating dinner lose it's magical ability. Of course there is a cure, but I'm not sure where to find it. I know you are smart my love, I hope to stall enough time before your father realizes the true reason I've made us both run away from encanto. Tell both your brothers I'm sorry and maybe in the future, we will meet once again.

I slowly put down the letter onto the bed and sat down next to it. Well..that was a lot to suck in.

I barely even had a chance with my father and he was already thinking I was a spoiled brat because I had powers? He had powers too! What was so special about mine??

I looked down at the wall in guilt, after everything that's happened. I accused Viola of being responsible for my door, the whole Madrigal Family blamed Viola for the door, even Viola herself thought it was because of her there was no room at all. Everyone blamed her except my parents, because they knew the truth.

I guess it's my job to find out how to find this "mystery" item.

Update :

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for making you all worry. That was certainly never my intention to make you all think I was in trouble or anything of the sort.

I wanted to take a break for a bit because I was present in backstage crew for my school and I never got back home til 7pm and I was always extremely exhausted.

My break was only supposed to be until the play was over but I got lazy and I stopped doing chapters for a while until I realized MCAS (a major test) was coming up and I had to start studying so I deleted Wattpad to avoid any distractions so I could focus.

I just got Wattpad downloaded once again because my friend noticed that many of you commented if I was okay. I am doing fine :) I am not sick, I am not in trouble and all my tests are over and I'm on April break right now.

I intend to continue this series til the end but I will not be posting chapters every night because I realize it's put a lot of stress on me. I'll try to do what I can and have a great day!