Blood is not a choice

I sighed, "Alright, let's go see my mom."

It's not like I wanted to see my mom, or even apologize to her. I didn't do anything wrong, right? It was my mom who chose to let Viola touch the stupid door, so technically it was her fault right?

We all walked to Casita together but they let me and my mom be as I walked into the guest room where my mom was in the bed, reading a book.

"Mom." I started.

My mom tilted her face so she could look at me from the top of her glasses. "Y/n." She sighed as she took them off and laid them gently on her nightstand.

"I'm sorry." I said quickly.

"You're sorry?" My mom raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

Instead of my mom saying, "It's okay" or "I forgive you," she said, "For what?"

For what!? FOR WHAT!? This woman was on the urge of making me scream my lungs out. She was taking advantage of my apology, and in order for this ridiculous plan to work..I needed to stay calm.

I sighed, trying to hide the annoyance that showed in my eyes, "For being such a bitch to you."

My mom smiled as she closed her book and looked at me proudly, "I'm so glad you have come of your senses y/n."

"Then you'd be disappointed I haven't." I murmured to myself.

"I'm sorry?" My mom asked as she started to walk closer to me.

My gaze shifted to her quickly, "Nothing," I showed a smile, "I just wanted to say thank you for being the best mother ever." I lied behind my forced smile I had to keep on.

My mother gushed, "Oh, you're such a sweetheart y/n. I love you too darling." She hugged me, "But this doesn't mean you're ungrounded." She said, ruining the "moment."

I rolled my eyes behind her back but said with a sweet voice, "Yeah I know, after I figure out how to get my power back, I'll go home." I said as I parted and shut the door.

My smile quickly faded the second I stepped out of the room, the audacity my mom had to not even apologize to me. She minus well just have Viola as her own daughter considering she must've voted for Viola to stay in Casita. I just lied, I just apologized because I had to not because I wanted to even though I knew I had to forgive my mom eventually. But I was too stubborn, which was something I got from my mom. I wasn't going to forgive her until she apologized, and I had a feeling she was going to go the exact same thing.

I walked over to my door where everyone gathered around it.

"Well y/n? Did you do it?" Dolores asked first.

I nodded, "I did."

"Well then, we should be able to open the door." Isabela smiled as she took a step back to let me face my faded, broken door.

I took a deep breath and touched the cold door knob. As I twisted it and tried to open the door, it actually nudged a little bit. Everyone started to smile as my mood lifted, it worked! I pushed all my body weight onto the door until the door went wide open.

I opened my eyes to see nothing but a dark room. It was pitch black, there was no window, no door to any other part of the room, no lights, no bed, nothing. It was empty.

I furrowed my brows, "What-" I whispered to myself before turning to Dolores, "What happened?"

"I- I don't know. Your bedroom should be right here-" Dolores stammered.