Down the Stairs

I peeked out of the hole again, looking at the evil person that cloned my grandmother who looked around the living room. After my grandmother had said the cure was down the creepy old stairs, I guess it wouldn't have been the worst idea to just go down the stairs when we were offered the chance. We just probably wouldn't have had a way out.

I sighed and turned around to look at everyone, "Okay, let's just wait til the evil grandma in the living room starts to sleep and then we go in and out super quickly. Alright?"

"Um, who is going to go downstairs?" Mirabel asked.

"I don't like the dark." Camilo said scared.

"Please, imagine being scared of the dark." Carlos rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"I'm sure you're scared of something too Carlos." Camilo rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes I am. I'm scared of nothing." Carlos whispered in Camilo's face with his classic devious smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "I'll go."

Camilo and Carlos stopped arguing and stared at me in silence, "No, you're not going down there!" They both said in unison.

They both looked at each other with disgusted looks, "Stop copying me!"

"Shut up!" They both said, "STOP!"

"Both of you zip it! You're giving me a headache." My grandmother said, rubbing her forehead.

"What other choice do I have?" I asked them, "I have to do this!"

"You can't possibly be considering to go down there by yourself Y/n." Mirabel walked up to me.

"You guys keep saying stuff like that like I actually have an option, I'll be fine!" I exclaimed stubbornly.

"Please, the last time you said you were fine is when you got seriously injured y/n." Camilo argued.

"Really? What happened?" My grandmother asked intrigued.

"Nothing!" I snapped.

"Guys it's okay, I'll go with y/n." Carlos said, standing next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders.

Camilo's face turned into jealousy, "You know what Carlos? I think I should go with y/n. You stay up here."

"Uh no, I volunteered first. You were being a coward." Carlos smirked.

"I was not being a coward! I can be brave if I wanted to!" Camilo exclaimed angrily.

I put my hand on Camilo's shoulder, "Yes Camilo, it's okay. We all know that you are very brave. But please, let us go down okay? I'll be fine."

"Promise?" Camilo whispered to me.

I gave him a look, "You should know the answer to that."

He looked at me disappointed, we both knew I couldn't promise that. After all, what did he expect? No one should be that stupid to promise their safety in an unknown location.

He hugged me, "Be safe y/n."

I hugged him back, it was nice to feel Camilo's hugs again. It was nice to finally have an actual genuine moment with him, it was like my first week in Encanto. The best week I've had, without as much drama.

A few hours had passed and I groaned impatiently, "Why isn't the stupid woman sleeping!"

"Patience y/n." Mirabel whispered.

"We need to get the cure!" I exclaimed as I sat down on the bed in annoyance.

"Hey, no rush y/n. We'll get the cure." Camilo comforted.