Two Choices

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Dolores, "What..do we have to do?"

"Kill her." Carlos said as he seemed to be inspecting his hands? What was he doing?

"KILL HER!?" Mirabel accidentally shouted.

"Shhh!" Everyone snapped.

"Sorry sorry." Mirabel whispered as she hid behind a book awkwardly.

Dolores sighed, "We're not going to kill her Carlos."

Carlos looked up from his hands and tilted his head, "Torture her?"

"No." Dolores said.

"Take all her teeth?" Carlos asked again.

"No."

"Feed her to crocodiles?"

"No."

"Give her to an evil queen?"

"No."

"Is there an evil queen near us?" Camilo asked innocently.

"I don't think so?" Mirabel responded.

"Do we have to let her soul get sucked?" Carlos continued to ask.

"No!" Dolores said as he ran out of patience, "Why do you think so dark!?"

Carlos shrugged, "What can I say? I can think of many things, but I usually don't have the ability to think happy."

"That's like..depressing." Isabela commented.

Carlos looked at her for a moment before opening his mouth, "Weren't you getting forced into a marriage with your cousin's crush?"

"That sounds a lot more messed up out loud." Mirabel said awkwardly.

"So guys, I didn't find any books but I found some-" Luisa said happily. Her hands were filled with snacks from the vending machine, "Oh- did- did something happen?" She whispered.

I looked at everyone's faces, no one was going to answer Luisa. I rolled my eyes but then put on a gentle smile to Luisa, "No nothing happened. Thanks for the snacks Luisa."

Luisa smiled again as she gave me a bag of chips, "No problem y/n." She said as she sat down, enjoying her bag of pretzels.

"Okay wait so, what do we have to do to Viola?" Carlos asked confused.

"Well if you actually gave her a fucking chance to explain, you would have known." Camilo said annoyed.

"Hey chill bro, I was just making assumptions." Carlos said, putting both of his hands in the air as Camilo gave him a death glare.

"Both of you stop fighting and zip it so Dolores can tell us what we do." I said, glaring at the both of them as they finally decided to listen.

"You both are being so childish." Isabela sighed as she rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"You're the one to talk." Carlos mumbled.

"Excuse me?!" Isabela gasped with anger.

I sighed, "Guys!"

"Sorry sorry." Carlos said as he quickly retreated back to his seat which was, on top of the table.

I looked at Dolores, "Go ahead."

Dolores nodded as she held the book close to her, "There are two ways." She said as she flipped through the pages, "We can either take some of Viola's blood-" Dolores started.

"Let's go with this idea." Carlos interrupted as all eyes were on him.

"What?" Isabela raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" Mirabel furrowed her brows.

"Because, why not?" Carlos shrugged.

Luisa just sat in her chair, munching on her pretzels as she watched a slow but obvious argument take place.

Dolores rolled her eyes and continued, "Or, we can try to find a necklace." Dolores said as she stopped flipping through the pages to show everyone a necklace that had one single purple jewel that hung on a skinny and small chain.

A necklace? How was that supposed to help us?

"What we do when we find the necklace?" I asked curiously.

Dolores skimmed through the page, "We put the necklace on the person who is having problems with the magic." Dolores mumbled as her eyes traveled all over the page.

"Which is y/n." Camilo said.

"Well no shit bozo." Carlos elbowed him.

"Ow" Camilo whispered in small pain.

I looked at them, raising an eyebrow. Dumbasseses, I thought.

"Then what?" Luisa asked.

"Then it should summon an ancient wizard or someone very experienced with power to help y/n." Dolores said as she shut the book quietly.

"What would this person do to help y/n?" Mirabel asked curiously.

"Wish I knew, but the book didn't say." Dolores just shrugged.

"Well depending on the situation, the help must vary depending on the problem." I assumed.

"Probably." Mirabel shrugged in agreement.

"And what about taking Viola's blood? How would that one work out?" Carlos asked.

"Are we even considering that? I mean-" Dolores started.

"Just in case you know?" Carlos said, but we all knew he just wanted to see how brutal it would be.

Dolores sighed, "If we take Viola's blood, we put it near the magical object-"

"Which is the door." Camilo identified again.

"Shut up bro." Carlos snapped as he listened to Dolores, intrigued, "And then?"

"Then since the object is well, just not normal, it'll give whatever Viola gave to the door back to the blood. Like if she did think negatively, then her thoughts would flow back into the bowl." Dolores looked at me as she continued, "I haven't seen a door stop glowing since Tio Bruno left. But since you didn't leave, there is another reason why your door may not be working."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

Dolores sighed, "If it wasn't Viola, then the door would've actually stopped glowing because of you."

"Me?" I asked confused, kind of shocked Dolores even said that.

Dolores nodded softly, "Since your power is connected by the candle, and the candle made casita, your emotions and whatever you do also affects casita. The reason your door stopped glowing was when you had stopped caring for someone in your family or someone close to you, you just started to drift or felt a very powerful angry emotion towards someone close."

I shook my head slowly, there was no way. I mean, during that time I did have a very strong rage for my mother but it couldn't have possibly been the reason why my door stopped glowing.

Mirabel must've caught me in disbelief because she stood up and put her hand on my shoulder, "It had to have been Viola, y/n loves her family and all those closest to her." Mirabel responses.

Dolores nodded understandingly, "Of course."

"So, just saying, the one where we take all of Viola's blood sounds like the best idea. You know, just like- overall." Carlos said.

"We're not taking all of her blood Carlos." Dolores rolled her eyes and sighed in disappointment.

"Weren't you just listening?" Isabela accused as she folded her arms, leaning on a bookshelf.

"Well-" Carlos started.

Dolores interrupted as she turned to me, "Well y/n? You are in charge after all, so this is up to you." Dolores whispered to me.

What choice should y/n make? Hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good night :) sorry if this feels rushed, I was on the urge of falling asleep writing this chapter!