The Cure

My grandmother's warm smile slowly disappeared from her face as she lowered her arms.

She cleared her throat, "Y/n, I understand that you are upset-"

I rolled my eyes, "This isn't about us! We don't have ANY time whatsoever to do this! What did you do with the cure to Vela Oscura!"

I was so done with the deep and heart touching conversations, we could have all the time in the world AFTER we saved the Encanto. I wasn't going to give up on the Madrigals.

My grandmother looked at me, "Oh so that's why you're here? Something happened to the candle hasn't it.."

"Well no shit woman, can we get the cure?" Carlos said.

Everyone looked at Carlos as Mirabel elbowed him in the stomach, "Shut the fuck up." Mirabel whispered to him as he held his stomach.

"I- I don't remember there being two Camilo's.." My grandmother squinted through her small spectacles.

"I am actually not a Camilo, kind of tired of hearing that." Carlos rolled his eyes.

"I'm just better." Camilo teased.

"Camilo!" Mirabel whispered in a tone that pleaded Camilo to zip it.

My grandmother sighed, "Alright, follow me all of you. I've kept it hidden for quite a while."

As we followed her down the creepy hallway, we reached a hidden door. It was wooden and beat up, as my grandmother opened the door she stepped to the side for us to go down the stairs.

Camilo jumped onto Mirabel, "Oh heck no, I'm not going down there!"

The first few visible steps looked fragile and they looked like they had a very small weight limit. After the fifth step, there was nothing but pitch black.

"Where- is the lights?" I asked, my head turning towards my grandmother.

My grandmother smiled, "Well, it's down there of course."

"Who in the world would put the light down there?" Mirabel asked, Camilo still on her back.

"A stupid person that's what." I responded, referring to my grandmother.

"Oh I didn't make this house, don't look at me darling." My grandmother said, putting both her hands in the air like she was getting arrested.

"Who's going down first?" Mirabel asked nervously.

"I think Camilo should go." Carlos said, starting to pull him towards the door.

"Hey! I'm real you're not!" Camilo said trying to pull away from Carlos's strong grip, "You go! Carlos should go!"

"Excuse me I am real! Don't be a wimp Camilo." Carlos said still pulling him down the stairs.

"Y/n! Help meeee!" Camilo whined.

I gently smiled, "Carlos let go of him." I took Carlos's hand and made him release Camilo's hand.

Carlos grumbled but let go of Camilo.

As I turned around to face my grandmother I caught a glimpse of her devious smile and in the light I saw..her eyes. This wasn't my grandmother it wasn't anyone at all! Her eyes were a bright red as the sun just shined in the perfect position.

"Guys, we- we gotta go. We gotta go! Run! RUN!" I said starting to walk backwards til we were trying to get out of the house.

The person started to laugh, "You children are very hard to just lock up in a basement! No one is going anywhere!" They shouted.