New Friends?

The next morning, I woke up on the scratchy couch, still in Camilo's arms. I looked at Mirabel who was sleeping peacefully on the mattress. I moved my head backwards to look at Camilo cutely sleeping.

I softly removed his hands to his side and got up. I quickly changed into my normal day clothes, not daring to look into the mirror. I was already spooked by the mirror way too many times, I didn't need to add more times to my list.

I brushed my hair and teeth and walked out, still looking at both Mirabel and Camilo sleeping. I looked at the clock, it was 8am in the morning. I had to wake them up, we had to start walking.

"M, wake up!" I whispered, shaking her back and forth to get her to wake up.

"I'm up, I'm up!" She said annoyedly, rubbing her eyes and putting on her glasses.

"Can you wake up Camilo please? I'll quickly pack up the stuff." I whispered to her,

Mirabel nodded, with a mischievous grin.

As I turned around getting all our belongings I heard a splash sound. I turned around, looking at Mirabel who just squirted Camilo with half of her water bottle.

Camilo got up quickly, looking around. When he realized what happened he shouted at Mirabel.

"Why would you do that! You're so ANNOYING!" He grumbled.

Mirabel giggled, "Sorry Camilo, I couldn't miss the chance." She said handing him a towel.

"My hair is wet!" He said with a pouty face.

I finished packing up the last of our things and then sat down next to Camilo hugging him, "Oh my god you big baby. It's not a big deal."

"I don't like my hair wet!" He whined.

I laughed, "Then go dry it." I said as I parted the hug while he headed to the bathroom.

A few minutes later after Camilo got out of the bathroom we gathered our belongings and went downstairs. I handed the key to the front desk and left with Mirabel and Camilo following behind me.

"Alright y/n, where are we heading?" Mirabel asked me as I looked at a map.

"To my grandmother's safe house. It's a quite a walk there, it'll take us at least 2 days to get there." I said folding up my map.

Camilo looked at his stomach, "I'm so hungry." He said sadly.

"Oh here, take this." I smiled, giving him an arepa from my bag.

He smiled widely and snatched it, quickly nibbling on it.

"Um y/n, is that my mami's arepas?" Mirabel looked at it weirdly.

"Mhm." I nodded, "Do you want one?"

"Uh..is that the poisoned arepas?" She said looking kind of disgusted.

Camilo's face turned into a face of shock as he looked at his stomach with worry.

I looked at Camilo and laughed, "Don't worry, these were made before your Tia...well tried to kill us."

"Well then, can I have an arepa please?" Mirabel asked.

"Of course." I laughed handing her one.

Camilo, Mirabel and I all just talked and tried to keep quiet while walking through the town. Most girls giggled, looking at Camilo. Some creepy cowboys stared at us until we were out of their sight, holding guns in their hands. It was only til the evening where things got weirder.

I looked up at the sky to the pretty pinkish purple sky.

"Wow, it's gorgeous." Mirabel admired.

"It really is," I smiled looking at it.