Rehearsal Dinner Planning

Though it was probably the best choice to just truly mean sorry to my mother, my stubbornness got the best of me.

"I'm not apologizing to her." I said stubbornly.

The wizard nodded gently, "I thought that's what'd you say."

I shrugged, "I guess I'm not full of surprises."

As I started to walk away, I felt my hand get pulled into the bathroom.

I looked at Camilo as he pinned me to the back of the bathroom door, "Camilo? What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"Y/n, why can't you just say sorry your mom?" Camilo asked.

I looked down, "It's so much more complicated than that Camilo."

"But if you just apologize-" Camilo started.

I looked back at him, "And that's just it! I don't forgive my mother. I can't mean it! I HAVE to truly be sorry. But I'm not."

"Why?" Camilo asked confused.

"Camilo..my mother decided to ground me, give my room to a random girl she had only JUST met, and I don't even have my powers anymore because of my stupid hatred for my mother!" I shouted.

He tilted his head, "But y/n, you don't have to hate your mother anymore, you can just forgive her and be done with it."

"That's easier said than done Camilo." I scoffed as I escaped from his pinned arms and walked to the other side of the bathroom.

Camilo sighed, turning around to face me, "How so?"

"Because she feels betrayed." Carlos answered as he started to walk out of the mirror.

I sighed, "Dude, you gotta stop doing that."

Carlos smiled, "Dudette, this is my gift. I'm going to put it to good use."

"Oh, and eavesdropping on our conversation is a good use?" Camilo asked sarcastically.

Carlos smirked, "Actually yes, yes it is."

Camilo rolled his eyes, "Alright, well your services are no longer needed. Because we actually DON'T need you anymore."

"Is that so?" Carlos raised an eyebrow as he started to hover over Camilo.

"It is, let y/n and I be for a moment." Camilo demanded.

I rolled my eyes, "You both are being ridiculous. Stop arguing with each other."

"So you're going to agree with this...bozo!?" Camilo asked in disbelief.

"I'm agreeing with neither of you!" I shouted.

"Okay to be fair, she can't agree with anyone. I haven't made an argument yet." Carlos shrugged.

Camilo rolled his eyes, "Don't be a fucking smartass Carlos."

Carlos took a step back, "Sheesh, who broke your humor?"

I looked at Camilo, not because of his incredibly frizzy hair, but because Carlos had a point. Why was Camilo so incredibly grumpy? He was being extremely snappy, more than usual.

I tilted my head, "Camilo, are you okay?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be!?" Camilo shouted.

"Okay, so for one, you're shouting." Carlos answered.

Camilo took a deep breath in and out, "I'm fine, okay?" He said calmly.

I nodded slowly as all of us walked out of the bathroom.

"Well well well, wonder what happened in the bathroom." Isabela teased.

"Isa, Dolores literally just told you." Mirabel started.

"Shut up." Isabela said in between her nervous smile.

I rubbed my forehead, "Don't even mention or ask about it. We have to get ready for Dolores's rehearsal dinner."

"Yes, I agree. I think it'd be a good idea to get our minds off all of this." Luisa agreed.

"Yes! The best way to get something off your mind is a PARTAY!" Carlos exclaimed happily.

I looked around, "Wait..where is the wizard? Or my great great grandfather, if that's who he really is." I mumbled to myself.

Dolores shrugged, "I have no idea, I didn't even hear him leave."

"He's a wizard, who would be able to hear him." Carlos answered.

"Uh, Dolores." Isabela said it like it should've been obvious.

Later that evening, I was in Dolores's room. But, the chatter finally was something that didn't include me. It in fact, was all about food and Dolores.

"Dessert?" Dolores asked.

"Check." I said as I looked down.

Dolores looked at me, "Chocolate-"

"Cake? Yeah, I got that." I assured Dolores.

Dolores nodded as she started to pace around her room, "Appetizers?"

"Check." I answered.

"Main course?" She asked, acting more of a nervous wreck by every step she took.

"Being made right now." I replied, still looking at Dolores and the list.

"Decorations?"

"Being hung up around casita right now." I assured.

"Outfits?"

"Isabela made a special one for you tonight, I'm sure Mariano's mom sewed him a little something." I responded.

"Forks!? Spoons!?" Dolores started.

"There are enough utensils for everyone Dolores." I said, my gaze still following Dolores around the room.

"Oh okay okay, and what time are the Guzmans coming?" Dolores looked at me freakishly.

I tilted my head, putting the list down on Dolores's bed, "What are you so worked up about? There's nothing to worry about Dolores. It's just a dinner." I assured, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She sighed, "I don't know y/n, what of this is too soon? Mariano and I haven't even been dating for that long."

"Hey, you both are made for each other. Practically soulmates, I think you'll be okay." I smiled at Dolores.

Dolores looked at me, a small and soft smile appeared on her face, "Okay. Thank you y/n." Dolores thanked.

I nodded, "Of course Dolores. I'll see you downstairs?" I asked as I started to head towards the door.

Dolores nodded as I shut the door.

It was clear and well known Dolores was very stressed out and what she needed was a break, it you couldn't really do that when your wedding was at the end of the week.

As I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to help prepare the food, I heard Abuela greeting the Guzmans. Isabela must've just finished Dolores's night dress because I heard Isabela's door open and see her rush into Dolores's room with a yellow and red floral dress. Instead of the dress Isabela made me, this one had puffy sleeves and a bigger and rounder skirt.

I walked to the entrance to greet Mariano and his mother until in the distance, I saw someone familiar. I squinted a little, "Is that.....Devin?" I whispered to myself as my eyes widened in realization.

What is Devin doing in Encanto? Do you think the rehearsal dinner will be fine? Have a good night and enjoy the chapter!

(Hasn't been edited or been reread)