Up in the Air

Devin stopped walking and just smiled, "I see nothing has changed since I left."

"You mean since I kicked you out? Yeah, not much has changed." I smiled as I filled my palms with fire. I whipped my arm in front of Devin, making a wall of fire, blocking the entry to the alley.

Devin's smile faded and turned into a face of anger, "PUT THE FIRE OUT YOU BAFOONS!"

I laughed, "Is that everyone Andres?" I asked as I quickly turned around.

Andres nodded, "Yes ma'am, after you."

I walked through the portal, my shoes feeling the cushion of soft grass instead of the hard sand. I turned around to see Andres who walked through the portal and shut it just as the cowboys finished putting the fire out.

As everyone smiled in relief, a thought came to me, "Wait...what will happen to Mirabel?"

"Oh hell no we ain't going back." Carlos said pointing to the town.

"It's okay y/n, she'll be back. I know it." My mom hugged me.

I hugged her back but I couldn't get my mind off it. Was I a bad person for leaving Mirabel? Was I a bad fried for leaving her behind?

"Alright, now that we're on the peak of the mountain we need to find the flower. We have a few hours which should give us enough time to find it and bring it to Casita." I said.

Everyone nodded, "Whatever you need y/n, we'll help you." My mom said.

"We all just need to find the flower first." I said to everyone.

"Found it!" Nicolas said as he looked down the peak of the mountain.

"What?" I said as I walked to where Nic was standing and looked down. There it was, the Midnight flower. But it was closed, I was only able to get the pollen when it bloomed which would be in a couple of hours.

"Andres, you think you can get me down there?" I looked at him.

He hesitated, "Eh...I don't do very well at teleporting other people in small places." He said looking back down at the cliff.

The small platform the flower was on was very slim, I could've only barely fit on the whole thing itself. Of course, with a 50% chance it would fall.

"Y/n, you can't seriously be thinking about that." Camilo said, grabbing my arm so I could face him, "That space is so small, you can easily misstep-"

"Do you have a better idea? I can do this." I whispered to him.

Carlos joined the conversation, "As much as I hate to agree, Camilo is right y/n. One misstep and you're sliding down a 500 foot drop at least."

I rolled my eyes annoyedly, "Do you seriously not believe in me?"

"We do y/n, but we don't want you to risk it." Camilo whispered putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I trust Andres, he's got this. I got this." I tried to smile comfortingly at the both of them.

Andres laughed nervously and looked back down, "Heh, I would trust me if I was you y/n."

"You're playing with your life right now." Nic joked.

"When did I ever take my life seriously?" I said back.