Makenzie

After my argument with Camilo, which Alejandro happened to hear we ended up having a little conversation of our own. It went from to Camilo..all the way to Carlos. How did it happen? Well, let's just say I ended up telling him the problems at "my" home. But I was extremely cautious not to mention the Encanto of course.

"Well..do you think this Carlos guy is bad? Do you see him as evil?" Alejandro asked me.

"I think he's just mischievous. Every villain has a side to tell." I responded.

"I think Carlos is probably just lonely.." Alejandro said.

I looked at him, "So what would Carlos want me to do about that? He- he's literally just another Camilo! That's already confusing enough." I said putting my head in my hands.

Alejandro laughed, "I think Carlos would like a friend, or a hug. Show him some love, maybe he'll change for the better."

I sighed, "Whatever you say Alejandro, I think we should start to go." I said standing up, going back to Lily's bedroom to grab my bag.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" Alejandro asked, standing up.

"Home, I just want everything to go back to normal." I said grumpily.

Alejandro grabbed my wrist, "Hey, just remember. All Carlos wants is love, give him that. Give him more, if you choose. I know how he feels." He advised.

I took my hand away lightly, "Thanks for the advice I guess."

As I started to walk back to my room, I heard Camilo and Mirabel talking.

"Dear Diary..I met a boy. He made my full heart light up with joy," I heard Camilo read. That was..MY diary! Why would he even go through my bag!? Though I was confused on how my diary ended up in his possession I was curious on how he would react.

"Oh Camilo, see! Y/n loves you." Mirabel awed.

"Oh dear diary..we fell apart.." Camilo read, trailing off, getting quieter and quieter as the words came.

I could hear Mirabel sit down next to Camilo, "First, maybe let's put y/n's diary down. Second, I'm sure she still loves you."

"How can you say that Mirabel? I messed up real bad this time. She said I was never going to have to experience life without her!" Camilo shouted.

I hid quietly behind the wall, still trying to listen in.

I took a quick peak looking at Camilo and Mirabel on the mattress. Camilo had his face in his hands and Mirabel had a hand on his back, comforting him.

"Y/n will come back to you Camilo, I just know it." Mirabel said confidently.

"That's just it Mirabel, you don't. You're not Tio Bruno! You can't tell the future!" I heard Camilo's voice crack.

"See Camilo! This is why Y/n was frustrated with you! You're already so mad that you can't calm down so you try to take it out on others!" Mirabel scolded.

Camilo sighed in annoyance, "I don't want to lose y/n Mirabel! I- I'm sorry! I'm just- I'm just-"

"Lost," Mirabel whispered gently to him, "Tell her how you feel Camilo. This can't last forever, it won't."

I had enough of the conversation, I now knew how Camilo felt. And though I wanted to tell him I didn't hate him, I would still be there for him, we had to focus on the task we came out of the Encanto for.

I walked into the room like I didn't hear a thing, "Let's go, we need to get a move on." I said grabbing my bag.

"We're going already y/n?" Mirabel asked getting up.