Pre-Wedding Stress

I crumpled up my letter, so my father was behind it all? This whole time I believed my mother and Viola were the bad guys.

My head filled with thoughts confusion rather than anger. What did I ever do to my father? However, I knew that if I wanted my door and magic back, I needed to find the stupid wizard so I'd be able to find a cure.

All day, I couldn't help but wonder if he saw the door how did he not recognize his own spell? 

"Y/n?" I turned around to Nic standing in front of the door.

"Nic?"

"What are you doing in mom and dad's room?" He questioned, furrowing his brows, "and what's in your hand?"

I looked at the crumpled ball of paper in my hand and hid it in my pocket, "absolutely nothing."

"Why's the room so empty? There's nothing in here.." Nic's eyes wandered about, opening the closet and cabinet doors.

"I uh- didn't realize.." I commented.

His face started to fill with anger, "What the hell do you mean you don't know? Do you have some wicked witch spell in your hand that made our parents disappear?!" he accused.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "There is no way in hell you're accusing me of our parents disappearing."

"Aren't I though?" he glared.

"Oh my god, why in the world would I do that?!"

"Because mom and dad voted for you to get out of casita, not to mention you're grounded," he added.

"Okay can you just shut up-" I started.

"No y/n, what happened to them?" He kept asking.

"I don't know!"

"YES YOU DO!"

"I don't! You need to relax Nic!" I shouted.

"Why are guy guys yelling?" Andres asked coming into the room.

"WHERE ARE THEY Y/N?!" Nic yelled, ignoring Andres's presence.

"THEY LEFT!" I accidentally blurted out, "Mom and dad left okay?" I whispered, with my voice cracking.

"Left..? What do you mean left?" Nic asked quietly.

"Mom gave me a note, they're not coming back Nic," I replied.

"Did they say why?" Andres asked me.

I sat on the bed hopelessly, "Everything that's happening is all because of me, the good and the bad. And everything is just so stressful to carry on my shoulders," I explained as I brushed my hands through my hair.

Andres sat down next to me and rubbed my back, "Is it the boy troubles?"

"If it is you know I'd beat up Camilo in seconds for you, y/n," Nic assured as he sat down on the other side of me.

I smiled at their overprotectiveness, "No it's not just Camilo, it's just everything. Ever since I came to Encanto, everything just- it all just slowly fell apart."

"It's okay y/n, you don't have to deal with everything by yourself you know," Andres comforted.

"Okay can we get back to the fact you said it's not just Camilo, meaning I can still beat him up because he's partially to blame right?" Nic asked.

I smiled at both my brothers, "I love you guys," I whispered as we ended up in a group hug.

We heard a knock and immediately separated, sibling affection is illegal, in this family anyway.