«prologue»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV
(a dream from the past)

I jump onto the roof and look in, seeing the jewels. I smirk," So, how do you want to do this?"

Catwoman stands beside me, wearing her own smirk. "Cut the glass," She orders and we both get to work carefully cutting the glass, making sure none of it falls as we slowly take more and more pieces out.

Once the glass is gone, I jump through and land in a crouch, waiting for Catwoman to tell me it's clear before I move.

She lands beside me and looks around before nodding, sending both of us into a sprint as our eyes lock on the reason we are doing this; the Black-Cat Diamond.

It went on display a week ago, Mom thought it would be smarter to wait till it wasn't as popular. Like that will stop Bat-brat and Bird-brain from trying to stop us. They are annoying pains and while they can try to stop us, they won't get very far.

We stop right in front of it, both of us watching it shine in the moonlight for a moment before Catwoman uses her goggles to check if there are any lasers. "Can you shut them down?" She asks, letting me know there are.

"What kind of question is that?" I scoff before I run to the computer in the front and start hacking, mentally hating Boy Wonder for knowing how to hack. He is part of the reason I had to learn how to. I smile when I am finished and run back to her, "Done."

She smirks, "Good job, Kitten."

A cackle sound from somewhere above us, causing both of us to tense and lookup for the source.

Robin falls down and lands in front of me, "Yeah, Kitten."  He smirks teasing me as Batman drops in front of Catwoman.

I glare at him, "Don't call me that, Little-birdie." I say as my claws slip out.

"Oh sorry, Kitty-cat," He sneers before he hits me in the stomach with his bio-staff.

I grunt but recover quickly and say, "Goody-two-shoes." I punch at him, but he grabs my arm and flips me. Landing on my feet, I don't give him a chance to block as I jump into him, tackling him to the ground.

We both roll apart from each other, both ending up on our feet before I fake punch his stomach and end up kicking him in the jaw, causing him to step back.

"Jewel-thief," He says rubbing his jaw.

I smirk and try to kick him again, but he flips out of my reach and comes at me with his bio-staff. Grabbing my whip, I flick my wrist and wrap the whip around his bio-staff before I throw it out of the way. As I do so, he manages to kick my hand making me drop my whip in the process.

Before I can even think about grabbing it, I am dodging his fist, but he drops low and kicks my legs out from under me. He straddles my waist, pinning my hands as I wiggle slightly.

I shift my weight and flip us with my free legs before I pin both of his legs with my own and pin his hands as I lean down to him, "Kill-joy." I say as he struggles against me.

"Catgirl, let's go," I hear Catwoman call as she starts going back to the hole in the roof.

I smirk as he glares at me before I say, "Bye-bye, Boy blunder." I lean down and kiss his cheek, knowing it would make him so mad before I pull back and smile down at him, his face slightly red with anger. He is going to be extra pissed when he realizes I stole a bird-a-rang from his belt.

I jump up fast so he can't catch me, knowing he is going to be on a warpath.

Batman gets ready to try to stop me, but Catwoman throws a smoke bomb and I slip away.

When I make it to the top, we jump to the next building, but something grabs my ankle, causing me to hold onto the edge of the roof.

"Catwoman!" I shout as the thing digs into my skin, my eyes shining with fear. The rock of the rooftop imprints my skin painfully while I hold on.

Catwoman stops and walks to me, smiling slightly, "It's okay."

As soon as the words leave her mouth, the thing tugs on my ankle and my fingers slip, pulling me down, and I fall to the ground.

________________________________

A/N:
____
this was a dream to start out the second book! i did also make changes to this book and i will try to update it as much as possible but i do have school so it may take a while.

i plan on updating a chapter every sunday :)

i hope you guys enjoy this book! try to stay with it, because it gets really good later on, the setup just takes a bit!
_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author