«chapter twenty-five: forgetting»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  My eyes flutter open slowly, the bright room making me blink a few times until they adjust as I can actually see.

  My cheeks are wet, I realize, but I don't know why.

  "The procedure worked, she is perfect for the Lights uses now." My eyes flicker to a man with a hood on over his head. His black eyes contrast sharply with his pale skin as he stares back at me.

  "Excellent." Ra's al Ghul states standing next to the man,"I must say, Psimon, you truly have outdone yourself." He says, scanning over me. "How did you come up with this... method of treatment." He stops looking at me to look at the strange man.

  "Well..." The other man looks at me, smirking slightly,"I got the idea when Black Manta had me do some work on his son last year." He informs the Great One. "The other telepath did something similar to what I did."

  My voice is dry when I speak, "Master, who is this?"

  "Just an ally, my dear," Ra's al Ghul says, his eyes looking to me. "He helped me cure you."

  "Cure?" I echo, my eyebrows drawing together. "I don't remember being sick, Master."

  "Yes," He confirms, "That is a symptom of the illness that overcame you. You were in horrible shape. You were confused and weak." He say with disdain before he looks to the man, "But he cured you, and you shall be back in combat in a few days."

  I look at my arm, seeing an IV before my eyes move to the rest of the room. I am in a hospital room. I must have been really sick...

  "Thank you." I nod to the man, and relax in my white sheets.

  Looking around, I notice other people who seem to be nurses, but a few don't really look the part.

  I'm still crying, but I don't understand why. I don't know what would make me cry. I can't feel any physical pain, but something doesn't feel right in my chest. Am I having breathing problems?

  Either way, I can't stop crying, and it's annoying. But I can't shake the feeling, the feeling in my chest that seems like an ache, or something worse. But what?

  "- So the other girl, the one that worked for you, where is she?" I overhear the whispers between this Psimon character and Ra's al Ghul.

  "Jail," Ra's al Ghul answers. "If you did your job right, we won't need her again." He says somewhat threateningly.

  "You shouldn't," He reassures him. "The mind is a powerful thing, and when you turn it against itself... you get unbelievable resolutes." He smirks, then pauses before he asks, "Would she still help?"