«chapter forty: debriefing»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  They weren't kidding when they said villains just started popping up out of no where.

  Every villain in Gotham thought it meant that they could get out. Which is why I am now staring straight at my other crazy aunt.

  "KITTEN!" She shouts, seeing me when she is mid battle with Cassie.

  Cassie stops short with a very confused look on her face as Harley starts skipping happily toward me.

"Hi, Harl-"

  "Auntie Harley." She corrects reaching me and pulling me in for a hug. My gosh.

  "Auntie Harley, you-" she pulls me for another a hug,"-really shouldn't be doing this..."

  "My pudding told me to," She says in explanation before she smiles and turns back to Wonder girl. She let's out a battle cry before running at her.

I sigh,"I tried."

  "It's pretty amusing to me." The cocky voice mutters.

I roll my eyes,"You would think it's funny."

  Nightwing smirks beside me,"It feels good to be back."

  "Tell me about it," I put my hands on my hips as I turn to him, "And I told you. You can't pretend you didn't ignore your whole life so you could take care of me. I forced you to go to your police department and work. And now this. Really, you should be thanking me." I smirk and state everything matter-of-factly.

  "I will later." He winks before running to help with my crazy aunt.

  Instead of following, I turn to help Selina, who is just now walking up and thankfully didn't hear his words.

  "Do this together?" I ask looking at Bane, a slightly smirk on my face.

  "Absolutely." She smirks, slipping out her claws."I missed my kitten."

  "Ah, Chicka, come to help Mama like a good little girl?" Bane teases, flexing his muscles.

  "Mama doesn't need any help," Selina remarks, "but you will."

  She grabs her whip and flicks it around his leg, pulling him to the ground.

  When he gets up, I push off of him and kick him in the face.

  He growls and aims a punch at me, but he doesn't lend it as he is hit in the head with Catwoman's whip.

  I use his distraction to my advantage and jump kick his temple, knocking him down.