«chapter nineteen: secret missions»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

It's been a few days since the movie night at Artemis's house I realize as I sit up in my bed. It went by fast, with me being busy with missions.

No, not from Dick. From Batman. Some times they were short, some times all day.

Still, Bruce must have told him because he hasn't asked where I have been. He just nods to me when I walk in to the Cave, well, now the Watchtower.

The party is today and I somehow managed to look like I wasn't lacking my life's worth of sleep.

The party invite said to come in your suit, which I would have anyways, but you didn't need your mask.

Of course, that rule doesn't appeal to Batman too much. Me either honestly.

When I walk in with Artemis, the first thing I see is the whole Batfamily, masks in all.

Minus Alfred and Jason, who were invited but turned them down. I wish Alfred could have come, he is one of my favorite people to talk to.

The second thing was the view, which was breath taking. The Watchtower is in orbit over the earth and completely amazing.

"First time up here?" An amused voice pulls my eyes from the view.

"Yes, it's beautiful." I smile sheepishly at the person standing beside me.

"I don't recall meeting you, I am Diana." I knew who she was, but I didn't say that, that's creepy. She was Cassie's mentor, Wonder Woman.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Catgirl." I shake her outstretched hand.

"No first name?" Diana smiles teasingly, "Dinah wasn't kidding, you are tough."

"I said stubborn." Black Canary comes up behind her, "Nice to see you Brooke."

"So much for secret identities, huh?" Artemis smirks.

"There are plenty of secret identities, they just all belong to Batman and his baby bats." The two older women laugh together at Diana's joke.

"And like you always say, you aren't a Bat kid." Artemis nudges me with her elbow.

I smile, "You are so right."

"So let's go introduce you to everyone!" She smiles and drags me into the room, leaving the two to follow us.

"Artemis!" A grown man that I recognize as Captain Marvel flies over to her and gives her a hug.

"Billy, how are you?" She laughs, and lets him go, "How old are you now?"