«chapter twenty-nine: trauma»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  Ok, so trying to get sleep wasn't that hard after the long night I had. Between me apparently deciding not to breathe anymore and Jason knocking on the window just to bug us, I found it easy to want sleep. But Jason only took this as invitation to knock louder.

The jerk. You don't mess with my sleep.

  Which is why when I woke up, I wanted to stay in bed all day. And I am pretty sure I could have convinced Dick to, but I just had to go and scare Dick, Artemis, and Wally enough to make them call an emergency meeting.

  "You planned an emergency meeting?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest.

  "It's not an emergency meeting," He denies, getting ready to go.

"When was it scheduled?"

  "Last night..." He gives me a confused look as he puts on a new shirt.

  I briefly get sidetracked at that before I say, "And will you be talking about something important-ish?" He doesn't answer as he gives me a look. "Then it's an emergency meeting." I say and poke his chest with my finger.

  "Ok, it's whatever you want to call it," He gives in, turning away to go in the bathroom.

  I turn to look at the wall and think for a moment,"I don't care," I decide.

  "Ok, then it will be called 'I don't care.' " He opens the door, probably hoping to see a smile at his joke. He doesn't get it.

  "Lets go." I sigh, already dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt. Jason, Tim and Damian brought me clothes earlier, which is why Jason was tapping on the window. I don't really want to know how they got into my room, or how they found all of the clothes that I needed...

  "Excuse me Missy, you aren't allowed out." I hear a voice above me, much to my annoyance.

  "Shut up, Todd. Grayson's right there." I hear Damian's voice pipe up.

  "Make me, Short stack," Jason eggs on Damian.

"Guys, be quiet." Tim's voice hushes them.

"Shut up, Drake."

  "Guys!" Dick scolds before he looks to Tim, "Tim, you're on a team, remember? Get to the Watchtower." He then looks to the other two, "For you two, go home. This is the reason she isn't staying at the Mansion." Dick demands.