«chapter forty-seven: the final battle»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

Romeo and Juliet.

Cleopatra and Mark Antony.

Tristan and Isolde.

  What do these all have in common? Love and death.

  Weather from grief for the other, or someone killing them, they all ended up as dead lovers.

  The classic tells of Romeo and Juliet show that they didn't want to live without each other. The forbidden love that everyone has heard about.

  Cleopatra and Mark's love at first sight angered the romans, and you can only guess that that ended in heartache.

  Tristan and Isolde? Theirs is a little different, they fell in love when Isolde was betrothed to another man. Still, they fell. And he was banished, only finding love again to someone who resembled his true love. When he needed her in his ill, he was lied to and fell under. His love? She died from grief.

  Countless of other stories tell the tales of love, and how strong it is. Everyone has a love, wether it be a family member, a significant other, or a passion for their work. And everyone has their own story.

Mine?

  I am leading the man I love to his death. Not to mention my mother and my adopted family.

  The differences between the classic lover stories and my own are very clear; they fell from grief, illness, and even armies.

Us? Them? They will fall because of me.

This thought almost turns me around.

  Nightwing must have seen my mind working, because he says,"It's going to be ok."

I flinch at his words.

"It's going to be ok."

  I wish that I still believed that. But I know what I am about to do and it's not the Brooklyn that he wants.

If I kill Ra's al Ghul, then I kill our relationship.

He frowns at me,"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.."

  "It's ok. Ben is clearly still apart of my life, especially when I am about to go look his killer in the eyes. " I sigh out.

You know what I wish?

  I wish that my brother could rest in peace, because I can't keep being reminded of him and trying to find who hurt him.

  I need him to rest in peace because I need closure. I have mourned for him. Now, I need to keep living. And I can't do that with Ra's al Ghul in my way.