«chapter forty-five: the plan»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

No one seemed okay with the plan, but what else would we do?

It's was either a trade or a dual, and I didn't see anyone super eager to hand me over to him for Selina.

So I am supposed to beat him, and I have no clue how. But I am sort of to blame. I am the hotheaded one who didn't even stop to think straight. All I could think about was Selina and the blood that now stained my jeans.

I still don't even know if she is alive.

The only two things I am sure of are that Ra's al Ghul never takes prisoners and that I am leading my team into a trap.

And I hated that. I hated that they are risking their lives just because I had some weird and unnormal childhood. I wouldn't be able to even look at any of them if they got hurt today, let alone killed.

But I know it's not up to me. I don't get to decide who gets to live and die. The world made that very clear to me.

I sneak a glance at Nightwing beside me.

He sat down next to me even after we disagreed, surprising me a little because I thought he would need some cooling off before he would come around me.

I wish he knew everything that was going through my mind. I wish he knew so he could understand why I'm acting weird. But when I go to tell him, I freeze up and can't get the words out.

No matter how hard I try to tell him everything, I can't. And it's tearing us apart.

All I want is for this day to be over and for Selina to be back home with me. All I want is for everything to be okay.

My brother's famous words ring in my ears, once again, making me believe they are true for a split second. But I don't know if it is true or not. And the thing that makes me think that is the fact that I will be facing my brother's real killer tonight.

I have to do this for everyone. And if I don't survive, then I hope it wasn't for nothing. I pray it's not for nothing.

The bioship is unusually quiet, and the air tense with the sense of the up coming trouble.

The calm before the storm.

That's what the party was; the calm. The storm trapping us is Selina. And I am not completely sure that this storm does stop.