«chapter thirty-eight: bart's past»

___________________

___________________

BROOKLYN'S POV
(set in Bart's original timeline
apart of the spin off book)

"Hurry, I don't have all day!" I shout at the shadows around me, each one too scared to try to strike me first. Smart.

One by one, I take them down with ease, cutting and slashing all around me. Blood splatters onto the floor as I do so, before I put my swords away and decide hand-to-hand would be easier for them. It's like they aren't even trying.

I punch the last one, breaking his nose. My grip loosens on his arm, it falling onto his body as I turn to look at the only other person in the room. I put my hands on my hips and wait for the report.

"Good."

"Just good?" I raise my eyebrows with a slightly ticked off expression on my face,"I have beaten them all five times." I voice my frustration. They aren't even able to get up right now and it's just good?

"Excellent."

My eyes narrow as my arms drop to my sides,"Are we done here?"

"You have better things to do?" The voice, even now, still sends chills up my spine.

"No." I bite my tongue, knowing what would happen if I did have anything better to do than what he wanted.

"Good," He says before he adds, "No, excellent, as you like it," He mocks me with a sneer before he adds, "I have a task for you."

I smirk, my interest peaking at that,"Now you're talking. What do I have to do?"

"Watch a loading. The Justice League and their little brats have been picking off our men." His voice is laced with anger and annoyance which is unusual because of how opposite it usually is.

I roll my eyes,"Your men can't handle a few superheroes?"

He only glares in reply.

"Fine, pick some assassins to help me and I will be off," I say before I clench my fists and add, "Master."

"Very well," He nods, walking to me,"You never disappoint," Ra's Al Ghul smiles down at me and puts his hand on my shoulder,"so do not fail us this time."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

____________