«chapter forty-three: Shattered»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"Catgirl, now!"

I smirk at my cue as I jump out of the shadows and kick on of the goons in the temple.

"Didn't anyone tell you to mess with people your own size?" I ask, annoyed as I pick up the little girl. "I'm going to take you to your mom, ok?"

  She nods, tears streaming down her face as I run out of the building with her in my arms.

  I quickly spot her parents and hand her over before running back in.

  There were a lot more people than we thought would be here. And all of them are armed, making our job double the fun.

  I slam my foot into the gun in his hand, then roundhouse kick him in the face, hearing a crack.

There were ten more heading my way.

  I quickly flip one over, and kick it into two other goons and then turn to another on. I grab his arm and twist the gun out of his hand, and use the opening to kick him in the stomach. His face meets my knee as I drop him to the floor.

Six more.

  One shoots at me, making me duck out of the way. I grab one of the guns on the floor and shoot at the floor beside him, making his stumble. Using his off balance, I slam the gun into his temple.

Five.

  I push his body into another one who was aiming a gun at me.

Four.

  I use the two on the floor as a push off and jump off of their backs and kick two more in the temple.

Two.

This one came at me swinging his fists.

  I dodged and turned, hitting him in the gut with my fist and elbowing him in the back. I send a hard hit to his temple and he is down.

One.

  I grab the gun again and point it at the last one, who was pointing his own at me.

  "Go on. Shoot me. I know you won't." He teases me.

I keep my eyes on him as I think this through.