«chapter five: getting frustrated»

___________________

___________________

NIGHTWING'S POV

I watch Brooklyn walk into the apartment building. She makes it in and I turn away, starting to go to the Mansion.

She didn't know I was following, but I wanted to make sure she got home. Besides I need to talk to Bruce and Damian.

It was past midnight now because we ended up talking more about what happened. I could tell she was worried I would get mad, and I can't exactly blame her after how I treated her when she first joined the team.

'Recognize:Nightwing-b01'

I walk into the Batcave and sigh when I see Damian and Tim at each other's throats again, Bruce watching annoyed from the side.

"We need to talk." I grab everyone's attention.

Damian let go of Tim's shirt collar, "I assume Brooklyn told you." He states in his very own  'I am better than you' tone.

"Yeah, why didn't you say anything?" I cross my arms.

He has been here for a few weeks now, he was the one that gave me the limp when Brooklyn was mad at me.

"Wait, how do they know each other?" Tim asks trying to catch up.

"Brooklyn went to train with Ra's al Ghul for a little while. She didn't like it, so she ran away," I answer vaguely, not sure if she wanted anyone else to know. Tim wouldn't tell, but still.

"And Damian wanted to talk to her, because?" Bruce speaks up his eyes going to his son.

"Grandfather was very fond of Brooklyn," He says and I get a bad feeling when he says the word 'fond' and I don't think Tim or Bruce liked it either. Damian continues without realizing his wording made all of us uncomfortable, "He wishes for her to be back on his side and if that doesn't happen, he will most likely eliminate her." He crosses his arms.

"I don't like the sound of that," Tim speaks up, looking to me.

I don't either.

"Ra's al Ghul wants her." Bruce mutters pulling back his cowl. "That's why she stopped being Catgirl for three years."

"And why Selina was worried. Catgirl was sent there to get help, but they almost made her an assassin." I tell him, trying to fill in a few pieces he could use to maybe help.

"What does she want to do about it?" He says before giving Tim and Damian a look.

Tim doesn't look like he wants to, but he gets up and leaves. Damian on the other hand is too stubborn to.

"I should be here," He states, "I knew her when she was there. She was different back then." He points out before he says, "I probably know her better than both of you."