Chapter 1 - engaged (not)

Maddie Rutledge (I just wanna make this clear, there is nothing wrong with lip injections but Maddie doesn't have them! I wouldn't imagine her with them because she's all-natural!) I hope you guys enjoy this book because it's the last of the Jaxton Series! I'm trying to get into a really competitive program right now so I'm trying to study a lot more! I hope you guys understand!

Also THIS CONTAINS 18+ CONTENT!!

Lexington Lehman

Maddie's POV

I slam my head down into the computer. I don't know what in the fuck is actually happening. Getting a degree in teaching was supposed to be easy. The easiest degree I could get besides a business degree.

I'm currently in Paxton's apartment on his bed trying to understand what I'm doing. It's just a paper about why I want to be a teacher but I'm more scared of judgment from my professors than anything else. If they don't like it then I'm screwed, my grade is screwed already. The semester just started, a month ago.

I've taken more math classes than I can count, and I'm really good at it. I love it, and I can't wait to finish college in three years, but it's just-, I don't know how to put why I want to teach into words.

That's when I hear the front door to Paxton's apartment open. He's back. He's been distant lately and I know it's because he's working full-time while being in a technical school for electrical engineering. I pull his navy blue comforter over my Nike running shorts and his tee. My classes have been online, and I like it that way, I can work with Paxton's schedule.

I look at my watch and it's already three. He worked this morning before going to class and I'm proud of him.

He opens the bedroom door and I smile at him. He smiles back walking over to me as I shut my laptop. "Hi baby" he whispers walking over and kissing my forehead.

"You okay?" I ask him softly as he nods. He rubs the side of my neck in his hand as I grip his charcoal tee.

"Tired," he tells me as I nod. He's been going all week long. I hate I can't be here at night with him, and I use his apartment's wifi as an excuse to be here doing the day. My dad would literally die if he even knew Paxton and I have been past second base.