Chapter 13 - growing together

Maddie's POV

We're in our bubble for a week. It's a whole week of just Lex and I getting to know each other and I love it. What I have so far, just keeps growing. Starting with the fact that he was fourteen when he lost his virginity and had his first kiss the same year, started drinking after his parents died, went to college for a year before dropping out to fight, absolutely hates pumpkins with a passion, and refuses to own anything that isn't colored navy, gray, white or black.

"So you don't eat pumpkin pie?" I ask laying across his living room couch with my feet in his hands. He's rubbing my legs and feet while I'm doing my homework problems on my tablet.

"Nope." He answers back as he watches the home restoration show on television.

"What about pumpkin seeds?" I ask as he sighs. "Nope," he tells me rubbing my heels. I didn't know how much of a food obsession he had until this week either. He loves rubbing my feet when I'm sitting next to him and I have no complaints. I'll gladly have my feet rubbed whenever he wants, and he happens to really like my pink toes too. I just find it funny his feet are so ugly but he likes mine.

"Okay. Next question. Do you eat carrots?" I ask as he laughs. "Yes, I eat carrots." He tells me as I nod.

"Why are you asking about all these foods?" He asks as I smile. "I might cook for you one day, I'll have to know what you eat" I answer as he nods.

"Fine. What's your favorite food?" He asks. "Ice cream. Cookie dough ice cream with the brownie bites. Ugggh I'm about to have an orgasm just thinking about it." I tell him as he smiles at me.

"Okay noted. Ice cream equals orgasm, what about shoe size?" He asks looking back over at the tv. "I'm an eight," I tell him.

"Pants?" He asks as I roll my eyes. "Two or four," I answer. "Shirts?" He asks. "Medium," I answer as he nods. That's when I see him holding a pen writing down all my answers on his palm.

"Are you serious?" I ask laughing. "What you can't get all pissy when I forget and buy the wrong size or something fuck." He tells me as I kick his hand.

"My turn. Why did you come up to me that day in the gym like that?" I ask sitting up straight and taking my feet off of him. I place them on the floor and cut off my tablet before making my way over as I sit on the side of his thigh. I lay my head down on the pillow on his lap and stare at him from his lap as he holds my hair in one hand.

"Do you want my honest answer?" He asks as I nod. "You're hot." He tells me as I hit his thigh. "Stop being fucking abusive I'm serious I thought you were hot." He tells me. "Yeah, and what made you keep winking at me?" I ask.

"That fucking blush rips me apart." He tells me as I grin and wink at him. "You love me you douche," I tell him as he nods.

"Yep. Sure do." He answers back as I grin. "So my mom keeps pressuring me about when I'm telling my dad about you and I'm running out of time," I tell him as he sighs.

"But I like this little bubble with you." He tells me as I nod. "I do too," I whisper kissing his cheek. "But he has to know," I tell him as he sighs and nods.

"Fuck it. Tell him the day before my fight. That way he can't be pissed long." He tells me as I roll my eyes.

"Stop" he demands as I roll them again on purpose. "What?" I ask as he glares at me. "Stop" he demands.

"You know that won't work you've met Jaxton Rutledge," I tell him as he sighs. "Maybe you can just-, I don't know sit down to have dinner with him and I'll come in later so we can tell him the right way." He tells me as I sigh.