Epilogue 2

Maddie's POV

I love watching Lexington be a dad. He's with our girls sleeping in his recliner with both of them in his arms. They're both passed out asleep on different sides of his chest and I can't contain how happy it makes me feel when this is what I get to come home to after tutoring the little girls in my class at school. I love my job, I do, but the pay isn't great and the hours are taking away from my girls.

It's been three months since the girls were born and they're already acting like Lexington. Clara, she's obsessed with Lex, every time he comes into the room she screams until he picks her up. And once she does it she makes little Amora start crying her heart out and her big blue eyes whelp with tears before I swoop in kissing her little cheeks.

But today, it's been extra hard. I've been at the school since seven this morning and it's six now, it's been eleven hours of working and my body knows it. Post-birth, my body is so different. I retain all my weight in my lower belly, and I've been really trying to get the lower pouch to disappear but my scars really bother me. I decided to breastfeed, which was my favorite decision I made during my pregnancy, but that also means I'm still pumping every day.

My breasts hurt, and I take the opportunity to pump them dry while the girls are sleeping. I want to kiss Lex, but he's exhausted so I decide against it and make my way back into the kitchen. I find my machine and sit down at the table before taking off my shirt and pumping. I know I'm making more than most women, but I've got two babies to feed, meaning I always lose pounds of milk after pumping.

Twenty minutes later I feel sure I'm done when I refrigerate the milk and grab two bottles from my stash. I warm them up seeing it's now close to the girl's dinner time and walk back into the living room. I softly take Amora out of Lexington's arms making sure not to wake him up and rub her softly until her little eyes flutter. I give her a minute as I kiss all over her cheeks before taking out her pappy and giving her the bottle instead. She takes it as I hold her little finger in my hand.

Lexington must sense I'm home when he abruptly wakes up moving his arms and realizing she's not there as I sit on the ottoman in front of him. "Hi" I whisper handing him the other bottle for Clara.

"Hi" he whispers back rubbing Clara to wake her up and giving her the bottle. "I must have passed out after work." He mumbles rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, I know the feeling," I mumble as he sighs. The girls were with the nanny all day long, and we haven't been getting much sleep at all. I finish feeding Amora and sit her in her little rocker on the floor and Clara finishes quickly as we put her in too.

They're silent before they fall back to sleep and I move over to leave when Lex pulls me into his arms and onto his lap. I laugh as he leans back laying down with me on his side and kisses my head.

"I missed you," I mumble rubbing the baby drool on his tee to make him laugh. "You too." He whispers back rubbing my back in his hand as I clutch onto him laying on his peck as I kiss his lips softly and grip his cheek.

"Babies are exhausting," I tell him as he nods. "Oh, I fucking know." He tells me back as he softly rubs me.

"How was work?" He asks. "Good. Eleven hours later." I mumble into his neck. "I love you for it Mads. You're selfless baby." He tells me back as I rub his neck.

"About that. I've been thinking." I mumble. "Oh, that's not good." He whispers as I smile.

"I think I'm ready to change jobs, I love my job I do but the pay isn't worth the headache anymore and I really don't like the fact that I'm coming home and don't even get to spend time with my girls. I want to take some time off, I miss being home with them, and I selfishly want to take care of them." I mumble as he nods.