Chapter 17 - past

Maddie's POV

"Can I stay with you?" I ask Lexington after knocking on his front door. I'm standing there, broke as ever as he sighs and opens his arms taking my face into his chest.

"Fucking hell baby." He whispers as I sob. "He- he found out. Someone told him about us." I whisper as he sighs and rubs my face.

"It'll be okay. How'd you even got out?" He asks as I hold up my keys. "I ran and got them and told him I was moving out," I tell him wiping my own face.

"Then move in. It'll be okay." He tells me as I nod and hug his chest. He kisses my forehead as I rub his shoulder blades softly and wipe my tears off. "What about your fight tonight?" I ask remembering that he's fighting tonight.

"Oh my gosh, I'm such a horrible girlfriend I fucking forgot! Oh my gosh, and it's at nine, what time is it now?" I ask stepping through and looking at the clock on his microwave sitting on the countertop.

"It's in four hours Maddie." He tells me as I grab his arms holding him. "How-, you're fighting someone that's not good right?" I ask as he sighs and laughs.

"It's my first round, of course, it'll be easy. I changed my fighting name to start over here and I'm good. I'll be back around eleven hopefully when I knock his ass out in the first round. I know your dad's not going to be there now but Carter's coming. And you are absolutely forbidden from going anywhere near that place you understand me?" He asks as I sigh.

"But why? It's legal right?" I ask as he nods. "It is but you will not fucking go or I'll bend you over my knee and spank your ass raw." He tells me as I sigh and nod.

"Fine, but you'll still spank my ass raw anyway. But you better be back before midnight or I'm tracking your phone." I tell him as he laughs and nods.

"Come on, I was making dinner." He tells me pulling me into the kitchen and sitting me on the island while he's at the stove. He's cooking steaks on the stove with greens.

"So you can cook?" I laugh as he rolls his eyes. "A little, not anything more than this." He tells me as I stare over and slip off my shoes on the floor. I grab my hair and tie it on top of my head in a high pony as I hold the countertop talking to him.

"I'm impressed. You may have to cook for me one time." I smile as he looks at me when I lay my head beside me on his refrigerator as I cross my legs under me.

"I don't cook for anyone." He blankly tells me as I nod. "But I'm different than anyone aren't I?" I ask as he sighs and winks at me. "Maybe a little" he smiles back as I wink back at him.

I'm looking down at my hands, playing with the plain gold ring band and one stoned ring my dad gave me when I turned sixteen. It's my birthstone and on the inside, it says DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL- HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!

I've never outgrown it and I've always worn it without thinking about what the meaning was. But now that I can't even look my father in the face, I don't know how to fix the damage I've done to our relationship.

"What's going through that head?" Lex asks as I sigh and look up at him. "Do you think he'll ever really forgive me?" I ask as he sighs. "Mads-" he goes to start when I sigh.

"He's my dad Lex. Who will walk me down the aisle when I get married? Who will be my children's fun grandpa? How am I ever going to have him trust me again?" I ask as he cuts off the stove and walks over to me. He sits his hands on my thighs rubbing them as I wrap my arms around his neck and stare into his face.

"He loves you. He'll come around." He whispers as I sigh. He moves his hand to rub my cheek when I kiss his lips softly and pull away. "You always know what to say to calm me down you know that?" I ask as he nods.