Chapter 34 - meet emmy

Maddie's POV

After getting my results back a week later and not having cancerous polyps I'm happy. I know I may feel a little pain, but as long as they're non-cancerous and they don't mess with my fertility, I'm okay with that. I don't mind feeling a little pain.

I'm okay. I'm dropping Tebo off with my parents, and I tell my mom my news when she asks so many questions. I answer them all before going with Lance to the airport. He's sent all of his stuff to her apartment already, and my brothers moving to California to be with Izzy and I couldn't be happier for him. I know he'll be okay in college there, but this is kind of my last trip with him before I see him again in the summer.

It's been two months since Izzy left, and she's going into labor soon so Lance and I are taking our flight to see her.

I've missed her so much. But I'm not telling her everything that's been going on in my life. So we ride to the airport together and hop on our plane. Lance sits beside me passed out asleep while I text Lexington, and he doesn't know, but after Izzy's birth of Emmy, I've booked a flight to Oregon to come and stay with him for a few days.

Hours, and hours later Lance wakes up and starts playing on his phone while I take my turn to sleep, directly on his shoulder. I'm shaken awake when we finally land.

He's smiling as widely as he can when we step foot in California. We take a taxi to Izzy's apartment and I know Lance can't contain his excitement while we're taking the elevator to her door after we of course convince the doorman to let us in after he recognized us.

Lance runs to Izzy's door tapping on it as she opens the door smiling as widely as she can. I see her huge nine-month belly and smile. "I fucking missed you." He whispers into her hair as she cries into his neck. She's wrapped around him as tight as she can.

That's when I see her tears and I smile.

"Baby" he whispers pulling away to see her tears as they kiss and wrap each other in their embrace. I want to gag when I see them eating each other's lips.

"I missed you so much," she tells him when I finally get sick of them making out. I shout, "Uggh! I have eyes!" As I see her face, I know she didn't expect me but I knew I was coming.

"MADDIE!!" She yells shocked running over and hugging me. "What are you doing here?" She asks as her tears whelp again.

"Lance thought you'd like the surprise and what kind of aunt would I be if I didn't watch my little niece be born," I tell her as she smiles and I rub her belly.

"You're so swole Izzy. Are you ready for labor?" I ask looking at her swollen toes and big belly. "I'm scared. But I'm so ready. I'm better now that you both are here." She tells me wiping her tears as she offers to get my bag and I refuse.

"So for sleeping arrangements, Lance can sleep on the couch I'm sleeping with you so we can gossip about him all night long," I tell Izzy as she laughs. I push Lance out of the way as he walks over and she wraps her arms around him. I'm totally joking, I know they want to have sex and I don't care.

"The couch is a futon. I have a mattress pad for it and a comforter you can sleep on it with. When she falls asleep I'll keep you company." She whispers to him as I walk out of the room.

"I knew she was going to do that. Bitch." He yells out at the end to me.

"I'm a smart bitch!" I yell back after dropping my bag in her bedroom. When I walk back out they are still in each other's embrace.

"She's almost ready right?" Lance asks rubbing her belly.

"I think I might go into labor tomorrow or the day after. I don't think I have much longer. I'm so happy y'all got here today." She tells him smiling into his eyes.