Chapter 32 - surprise

One month later (Maddie's Birthday)

Maddie's POV

I'm supposed to be having the time of my life. I'm flying out to see Izzy in a few weeks for her delivery, I'm liking my job, I've been working out religiously, I've been taking care of Tebo and doing my assignments for school and I'm supposed to be happy.

But my birthday this year is just depressing. I thought twenty would make me happy, it just turns out that twenty only makes me feel sad. Sure I like my independence and I find it amazing having phone sex with Lexington and sending him texts of me in a sports bra at the gym and my leggings just to get a reaction, but I'm not happy.

I miss my fiancé. And I desperately just want him for my birthday. This last month has taught me two things. The first one is that I don't want to wait to get married anymore. I can't wait anymore, my mom was right, I just haven't told her yet. The second is I'll still get my degree, but I don't care about getting pregnant anymore.

I always thought that I'd wait years and years for marriage and children, but I don't want that anymore. I want my life with him now, I want everything. I just haven't told Lexington that yet.

But, I'm at the bar in the club, hanging out with a group of girls from college. College is going well, I should finish in two years, but I just- I don't want to wait that long to get married anymore.

I'm taking shots, drinking mixed drinks, everything. It's crowded and normally this would be my time to let loose. But it's not, I'm sitting at the barstools with my leather black leggings and white boots with a red top and light-washed denim jacket. I've curled my hair into perfection, my makeup looks amazing and we've been telling everyone I turned twenty-one instead of twenty that way I've been getting free drinks.

But I miss Lex. Even in my drunken form, I've passed the level of a drunk girl having fun, I'm now a sad girl who needs her man.

Suddenly not feeling too well I make my way to the dance floor and out the front doors. I'm trying to catch my breath as I hold my hands on my head containing my tears.

"What's wrong baby?" I am asked behind me as I turn about to punch the mother fucker who just said that to me and when I turn, I can't breathe.

Lex is standing there.

With white roses, my heart cracks in half.

He's bigger than he was, he's even more handsome and he's just-, he's perfect. His arms look bigger than they did before and I can't contain my tears that completely fall as I try holding myself up. He's here, I must be imagining this in my drunk state, but I don't feel drunk, I've had three drinks and two shots, max.

He's not here, I know he's not. He won't be for two months.

"Fuck" I whisper under my breath as I look away and look down. I squat down containing my tears as I try catching my breath.

"You that drunk?" He asks again when I look back and realize I'm not pretending he's here. He's standing there waiting on me and I stupidly didn't even realize he's real.

"Oh my god. I'm not imagining it." I whisper as I stand up and run over to him. I wrap my legs around his waist as I hold his head between my hand and cry into his neck hugging him.

"You're-, you're here?" I ask wiping my tears off as I stare into his beautiful eyes and rub his handsome jaw.

"Of course I am. It's my baby's birthday." He tells me as I lean forward and kiss the living hell out of him. He moans into my mouth as I grab his neck kissing him harder than I ever had before. I've never kissed him like this.