Chapter 3 - broke up

Maddie's POV

Two days at the gym and it's not bad. I rather like it and I kind of enjoy what it's like here. The environment, the coffee, I like it all pretty much. I'm standing at the front desk with my hair in a high pony, my tight spandex shorts on, and the gym tee with my converse on ready for my shift to be over so I can go lift. The gym closes in ten minutes but I have a key and I hate working out in front of people so I always stay late.

"Have a good night," I tell everyone as they exit. We open in two hours for the night and a whole new shift of people comes in. Giving me two hours to finish my workout.

I wave when they exit and I'm in the process of going to lock the door when it's abruptly shoved open and in walks the man of my dreams. Lexington.

"We're closed," I tell him as I try to push him out through the door. "Your dad gave me permission to come here once I got off of work so no. You aren't closed." He tells me as I roll my eyes.

"Do that again to me and I'll take you over my knee and spank your ass raw." He tells me as I stand in shock.

"You will not talk to me like that." I spit out as he laughs. "Then why do you blush every time I do it. You like it Mads." He tells me smiling as I shove his chest and walk away.

"No, I don't! You can't just say that kind of shit to anyone!" I tell him as I grab my bag from behind the desk.

"I can when she's going to end up in my sheets." He tells me as I flick him off. "Who? Because it's not me. I'm in a relationship asshole." I spit out walking away to the weights. He follows me as I throw my items on the workout bench.

"Couldn't fooled me." He mumbles under his breath ripping his shirt over his head as I gulp. He laughs when he sees I'm checking him out.

"Fuck you." I spit out taking off my shirt to work out in my sports bra. I slip in my headphones and disregard him as I grab my phone and start my playlist. I stretch quickly before hopping on the treadmill and warming up. I set my incline and speed and start a soft jog.

I don't even notice he's near me until the machine next to me is cut on and he starts running next to me. He's staring at me, and I know he is when I rip my headphones off and look over while jogging.

"What?" I ask as he smiles. "Nothing." He whispers back as I roll my eyes. That's until he hops down and leans over the railing staring at me as I jog. I immediately cut off the machine and glare at him as I start.

"Why the fuck is it?!" I yell as he smiles. "I want you, Maddie Rutledge." He tells me point blank as I instantly chuckle.

"What part of I am in a relationship do you not get?" I ask him as he smiles at me. "You want me too." He tells me leaning closer to my body space.

"I don't even know you," I tell him as he grins. "I'm a professional fighter, Twenty five, I work construction as my side business and I just moved here from North Carolina." He tells me as I sigh.

"And you little miss Maddie, are nineteen going to school to be a fucking math teacher of all things," he tells me as I glare and lean over the treadmill into his personal space.

"I don't need your approval for anything I do," I tell him as he smiles and steps onto the treadmill with me. He cages me in around his arms and leans down into my face as I glare up at him.

"If you were mine you'd be in my bed fucking naked every day when I got home," he tells me as I stop breathing. I've never had a man talk to me this way. He's so blunt and rude when he talks, and yet I don't feel like he's rude to me. "Good thing I'm not yours then," I tell him as I set my hands on his biceps and push him off of me.