Chapter 33 - change of plans

Maddie's POV

"Are you serious?" my mom asks as I nod.

"I am," I tell her smiling.

"I knew it! Let's get started on the wedding planning! We'll start with the venue, then food with the cake, flowers, dresses, a DJ, and then the men's tuxedos. And then-" she goes to start again as I cut her off.

"It's okay. It's okay. Calm down." I tell her as she smiles.

"This has made my day. What does Lex think?" she asks as I smile.

"He didn't want to wait either. He's onboard." I tell her as she smiles. "That is just wonderful. But, the only way your dad and I are helping with the wedding is by you promising to finish your degree," she tells me.

"I promise I will finish my degree, I'm halfway done now, and by that time I'm sure Lexington and I will want to start a family," I tell her as she smiles.

"Grandma, or nana? No, I don't like those, what about grammy Ry?" she asks as I laugh.

"Two years, not three anymore on babies," I tell her as she smiles.

"Let's get started on this wedding then," she tells me smiling as I nod. Let's start.

____

Two weeks later I'm in the waiting room for my gynecologist. I have never came here without my mother before. I know it sounds horrible but they never did exams before, and now that I'm sexually active, I need to get one done to make sure everything is okay down there. And that means I don't want my mom here with me. She'll have a cow if she knows the extent of my sex with Lexington. We've done everything but anal, and I'm sure he's going to want to try it eventually.

But I'm here with Lexington on FaceTime on my lap. He wanted to be a part of the appointment, and I want him to as well. I know I'm not pregnant but the feeling is always there that it's a possibility.

"Madison Rutledge." The nurse comes out of the door to the waiting room as I nod and grab my phone and over-the-shoulder purse. I follow her into the exam room when he asks me some questions.

"So, we just turned twenty?" She asks as I nod and keep Lexington on silent, but he's listening. When he called me today I fucking creamed in my damn thong. Lexington in a dress shirt, with his nice watch and khakis, it hits different. I see him in dirty boots and a dirty tee every day, but today he was showing off his work to his clients and I'm so proud of him.

"Yes ma'am," I answer sitting on the table.

"Okay, and have things changed since your last exam for you to call before your year checkup?" She asks.

"I'm sexually active with my fiancé now," I tell her honestly. "Okay, no problem. We'll do a pelvic exam and make sure everything is good." She tells me as I nod.

"Alright, will you step onto the scale for me?" She asks as I nod and set my phone down as she sees Lexington. "My fiancé is out of town for work but he wanted to be a part of the appointment," I tell her as she nods.

"Oh, I get it. It's not the first time." She nods as I slip off my shoes and step onto the scale. I'm one fifty like I've always been, and I'm five foot nine, typical Maddie.

"Let me take some blood and your blood pressure as well." She adds as I sit down and she takes both.

"Alright, I'll be back. Here's your gown, please change for me and take off all your undergarments." She tells me as I nod. I unmute Lexington who is typing on his office computer as I speak.