Chapter 18 - pissed

Maddie's POV

I'm sitting on the couch with my hands on my knees, holding my composure. I'm waiting on Lexington to get back and I'm not okay while he's gone. My phone rings from beside me as I pick it up hoping it's Lexington but it's Izzy.

I answer her FaceTime call and smile when I see her. "Look look look!!!" She yells out holding up her ultrasound pictures as I smile. She's grinning so wide as she smiles.

"Look at her face! And her little eyes and her little toes and her little legs and her sweet little booty cheeks!" She squeals as I smile.

"Oh my gosh send me pictures now!" I smile as I pull them up on my phone grinning. "Oh my gosh, she's even more developed than when I saw her!" I squeal as she smiles.

"She's so beautiful," I tell Izzy as she smiles. "I love hearing her heartbeat and she's just-, I'm looking so forward to being a mom." She tells me smiling.

"I look so forward to coming back and seeing you give birth," I tell her as she smiles. "So where are you now?" She asks as I smile.

"Take a guess." I smile as I show her the mantle on the fireplace. It has manly things on it, like a video game controller and one single small green tree plant with a huge flat-screen television. Along with a random pair of shorts thrown on the floor.

"Oh my gosh." She whispers as I nod. "If I lived here Izzy I swear I'd have to give it a female touch. Candles, pictures, something! It's just a brown leather couch, no pillows, no blankets, no rugs. He has one black blanket, Izzy! In the whole house! His plates are black, his cabinets are white with no character other than the black countertops! His house is so beautiful since he basically runs a construction business but damn!" I tell her as she laughs.

"So maybe start small? Bring in a throw pillow, or just one candle. That way you don't overwhelm him much." She tells me as she nods.

"Oh, I will. I told my dad I was moving in but I lied to get under his skin. He knows now and he's not happy but he basically said he'd support us so I guess that's good." I tell her as she nods.

"Jaxton Rutledge supporting you dating?" She asks as I laugh. "Hell yeah, I'm happy about it. It was hard though, he didn't take it well." I tell her as she sighs. She's sitting on her couch now, sipping on an orange juice making me smile. She's been craving orange juice like crazy, that, and spaghetti. Weird combinations that make me laugh.

"Yep. And get this. You know how I told you about Lance's girlfriend that will soon be ex?" I ask as she nods.

"She's definitely got something up with her that I can't figure out. Izzy, she seemed really nice but I just don't trust she has his best interest in mind." I tell her as she sighs.

"I don't know but I don't want him getting hurt. I still love him Mads." She answers as I nod.

"I know you do. He loves you still. How's Cade?" I ask as she nods. "Maddie he'd be amazing if I cared about him. But he's not Lance." She insists as I sigh.

"I know. That's kind of how I knew I loved Lexington." I tell her as she nods and I sit back down on the couch. "He's fighting tonight and he wouldn't let me go. Told me he'd quote, spank my ass raw if I showed up." I tell her as she smiles.

"Oh, I bet he will anyway." She tells me winking as I laugh. "He will." I agree to blush as she smiles.

"I miss you." She finally tells me as I nod. "I miss you too. Soon enough, I'll be there or you're coming back!" I tell her as she smiles and nods.

"I gotta go study for my real estate exam, I'll call you tonight!" She tells me as I nod. "Yes! I should probably study too! Love you!" I demand waving as she smiles.