Chapter 23 - suprise

Maddie's POV

After about two weeks Lex and I settle into our new normal. We see each other every morning before he leaves for work and I leave for school or end up doing it online on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And every night we have dinner together and end up falling asleep holding onto each other after shower, kitchen, or living room sex. Sometimes we fuck into the very early hours of the morning but I don't care. I'm happy.

It's Saturday when I'm sitting between his thighs laying back on the couch as we watch Georgia vs. Florida on ESPN. He's watching it more than me, I don't really have any interest in football. I'm laying back as he rubs my hair and I look through the internet shopping. I'm looking at Victoria's Secret when I get his attention.

"Pick out your favorites," I tell him handing him my phone. We've been through every single set I have and he's ripped over half of them in half with his impatience to get me naked.

"Don't mind if I do." He tells me kissing my neck as I laugh and lay back. "Christmas is in three weeks. What do you want?" I ask as he sighs.

"You. Naked. No scratch that. You in this." He tells me showing a plaid lingerie set as I smile. "Add a Medium to the cart for the bottom, and a 34 D for the top." I glare as he smiles.

He keeps searching through it as I watch the tv quietly. Georgia makes a touchdown as Lex starts barking to sound like a dog. Note to self, he likes the Bulldogs.

"Holy shit this is expensive." He mumbles as I laugh.

"Shut up. You done?" I ask. "Not yet." He mumbles back as I nod into his chest. Fifteen minutes later he hands me my phone back with a blank screen.

I know he hasn't cleared out the tabs so I go to click back on Victoria's Secret website when I stop. I see a website open and its engagement rings. I instantly start smiling and close the tab out so he thinks I don't know. I find Victoria's Secret one, and of course, it says thank you for your order.

"You ordered them? I don't have my credit card in here yet!" I yell as he laughs. "I do, it's fine. It'll be my surprise for what you have to put on for me." He tells me as I sigh.

"No fun jackass," I whisper elbowing his stomach as he laughs. I lay back into his chest as I listen to his heartbeat.

I'm almost asleep again when my phone rings. Lex picks it off of the couch and answers it for me. "Hey, Mrs. Rutledge." He answers to my mom.

"Yeah, okay yeah. Yeah, we'll be there." He tells her hanging up just as fast. "What was that about?" I ask as he rubs my back.

"She wants us over for dinner." He tells me as he rubs my back. I flip over and set my arms over his chest as he rubs my back.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask as he nods. "How do you think Izzy's doing right now?" I ask him randomly.

"I don't know. Probably big and pregnant." He tells me as I sigh. "I'm really worried about her. She's alone and I just-, should I go out there and stay with her for the rest of her pregnancy? I don't want her to be alone." I tell him as he sighs.

"Do you think I should go?" I ask. "Why don't you call her and check on her then?" He asks as I sigh. "I did this morning but I think it's night there or something and she hasn't called me back yet," I tell him.

"I think you will be okay. Let's just think about it and tomorrow if you still want to go I'll take you to the airport this time." He tells me as I smile.

"This time. You didn't like last time?" I ask laughing. "Don't fuck with me, Maddie. You know how pissed I was when you left." He spits out as I laugh.