Chapter 36 - plans

Maddie's POV

The apartment Lex is staying in is something I didn't expect. It's right in the city, over the city, and he has a perfect view of it from below him. It's rather small, but it works and I happen to really love the open glass around it.

After earlier, we came back and he delivered on his punishment, but it wasn't a punishment to me. It made me feel amazing. So now I'm laying looking at the city while he's got his arm wrapped around my waist holding me close to him as he sleeps softly behind me.

Or I think he is until he lifts the comforter and starts rubbing my flat stomach in his hand. He finds the stretch marks on the bottom of it as I swat his hand away and he pulls me closer to touch them. They make me self-conscious, I know I'm not big, but I do have them and I don't like the way they look.

"Stop" he whispers into my hair as I give up and let him hold the bottom of my stomach in his hand.

"You like them," I whisper as he nods. "I like them." He mumbles rubbing my body.

"So umm, you know how I wanted to move up the wedding?" I ask as he rubs my stomach while I'm laying still and holding his hand under the pillow.

"Umm hum." He mumbles back as I sigh. "I found a venue," I whisper out. "Okay" he trails off as I sigh.

"The only date they have in the winter-ish months is at the end of this month. They're booked for the next year and it's the only one I really like." I mumble out to him.

"What are you saying?" He asks as I sigh. I flip around and he moves his hand down to grip my ass as I sigh.

"Do you want to get married in thirty days?" I ask as he smiles and kisses my lips. "I'd marry you tomorrow." He smiles back as I sigh and grip his bicep in my hand.

"I know but if I pay the deposit it comes with the food, the music, the tables and chairs, the alter, it has everything. And they even do the flowers and make the wedding cake. All I would have to do is rent your tux and find my dress. Of course, Izzy's and Emmy's too but that wouldn't be too bad. Oh and the invites" I mumble as he sighs.

"Nah, I'll call Cole and your brothers, see what I can do. How about that?" He asks as I smile.

"Good. Whose addresses do I need for you?" I ask. "You got them, my aunt and her family. That's it. Cole and his wife." He tells me as I sigh.

"Surely there is more," I add as he shakes his head no. "Nope. I don't really like people if you can't tell." He smiles as I rub his tattoo on my finger.

"Okay," I mumble as he smiles. "How long are you staying?" He asks after a few seconds. "How long do you want me to stay?" I ask back sarcastically.

"As long as you want to?" He asks playing it off like a trick question as I pinch his finger. "Shut up. Two days, someone has to go back and take care of Tebo." I tell him as he rubs my back.

"So, I didn't lie to you but there's something I have to tell you. I found out today actually and was going to call but I didn't want to ruin your day." He whispers as I sigh.

"What is it?" I sigh as he rubs my back. "So, I won't be home in another month in a half." He tells me as I feel my heart crack for the second time today.

"What? Why?" I ask as he sighs. "I have to stay for six months." He tells me as I pull away.

"As in six more months or three more months?" I ask him. "Six more." He whispers wiping his eyes softly.

"So you're planning on leaving me for nine months," I whisper as he sighs. "Mad it's not like that." He whispers as I nod. "You know what it is though. Because I've put my life on hold for you, and I've been waiting on you to come home for months now and you drop this? What's next? You're dumping me too?" I ask as he sighs and rubs my face in his hand.