Guy in the backseat of the car

Sometimes in your life you meet someone and before you know their name, before you know where they're from, you know that sometime in the future, this person is going to mean something to you. -feelove.org

_____________________________________

Chapter 3: Guy in the backseat.

It's just my imagination. No one is there in the backseat. Only my wild crazy sleepy subconscious mind's imagination.

That's what Mahaya told herself mentally as she looked at the road in front.

The car, which was about to hit her, had already left, the driver cursing her and now the street was empty.

Mahaya slowly revived the engine and pulled over to the side of the road.

She took a deep breath and gripped the rod that she kept beneath her seat tightly.

She slowly turned the lights on and turned around, peeking slightly over the headrest.

She in-took a sharp breath when she saw a guy lying there, asleep.

Mahaya didn't know what to do. She was just staring at that guy.

How in hell could an unknown guy land on the backseat of the car?!

Tanya. It was all that little irresponsible b*tch's fault.

Mahaya thought to herself.

She didn't even think of dialling her. It obviously would go to voicemail.

She thought of dialling her brother or father but her ego and pride stopped her.

She was an independent woman. She should be capable of handling any situation. Even one as bizarre as this.

Obviously she didn't know where to stop acting independent, suck up her pride and cry for help.

She poked the guy lightly in his back.

The guy was lying on his stomach, his face turned to the seat.

He was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. Typical.

She poked again.

He showed no response.

He probably won't even notice if I throw him out on the street.

Mahaya thought to herself and even considered executing the idea.

She got down the car and looked around. The street was empty.

Then her phone pinged.

When are you coming home? -Dad.

Mahaya rolled her eyes.

Go to sleep Dad. I'll be back soon.

She replied and then slipped her phone back again into her pocket.

She'll be back home as soon as she got rid of this stranger.

She opened the backseat door and looked at the guy.

His legs were facing her.

She cranked her neck and took a hold of his legs.

Then she began to pull.

It took her a few long moments before the guy began to be pulled behind.

The guy's legs were halfway out of the car when Mahaya stopped to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

Then, again, in her high heels and party dress and frizzy hair tied up into a bun now, she began to pull.

"What are you doing?" An unfamiliar voice called out.