Unwanted Collegue.

Don't be afraid of change. You may lose something good but you may gain something better.

____________________________________

Chapter five: Unwanted Colleague.

It had been the third time Tanya called and Mahaya just kept ignoring it.

Because of her, Mahaya was stuck with a guy she barely knew.

So she decided to give her best friend the cold shoulder.

Unfortunately, Mahaya knew the consequences.

It happened when Mahaya was typing in the details of a recent case.

Tanya just burst through her cabin doors, dancing and singing.

"What are you doing here?" Mahaya asked her, not looking at her.

"I-I-I am too happy!" Tanya sang in an offbeat tune.

"And I'm too pissed. Want to know the reason?"

"Nah." She shrugged. "I don't care! Ask me why." She bounced on her seat.

"Nah. I don't care." Mahaya gave her a fake smile.

"Because I am getting married. That's right. M-A-R-R-I-E-D." Tanya screamed as she showed Mahaya the big rock on her ring finger.

Mahaya's jaw dropped.

That was one huge rock.

"When did this happen?" Mahaya asked as she took a closer look at it.

Mahaya wasn't a big fan of Jewellery. She despised gold because it came off flashy. But diamonds, they were her weak spot.

Maybe because it gave off a vibe as 'Don't let anyone dull your sparkle'.

Or maybe the unexplainable interest that she had when she just ended up staring at them.

"Last night. He was acting! When he called me up, he was at our house. When I reached there, I quickly bolted out and ran towards the apartment. I didn't even bother taking the stairs. When I opened the door, everything light was out and there was this one huge candle that I bought online last week and behind it Rishabh was kneeling down." Tanya gushed as she kept a hand over her heart.

"It was the most romantic thing." Tanya collapsed on the chair.

"So you are getting married?" Mahaya asked.

Mahaya had momentarily forgotten that she had to scold her best friend.

Tanya nodded.

"But haven't you known each other for what? Ten months?" Mahaya asked, confused.

"So? You know what they say, when it's right, it's right." Tanya said determinedly.

"I know. I'm just saying, shouldn't you wait? Like for a year or something?"

"No. We want to be together as soon as possible. So in five months I'm getting my name changed to Tanya Angela Rishabh Mehra Varma." Tanya grinned.

Mahaya shook her head.

"How about you reconsider? Do you think that you can spend your entire life with him?"

Mahaya had always believed that marriage was once in a lifetime deal.

Tanya held her hand.

"Mahu, I love him. And it's right. Deep down, I know that he's the one." Tanya said, looking straight into her eyes.