Secrets.

The less you reveal the more people wonder. -Emma Watson.

_____________________________________

Chapter seven: Secrets.

Mahaya had to knock on the door five times before she got a reply.

She could hear whimpers from the inside but no sensible reply.

Then she heard her mother speak.

"Go. Your daughter is waiting for you." She chided.

Her father wasn't a morning person.

Though he could go to the business meetings any time required but anything else and he was as slag as a log.

"Do we really need to jog at seven-thirty in the morning?" Her Dad complained as they got into her car.

Mahaya drove towards the closest jogging track.

"Yes. And we're late. You were supposed to be down by seven. You should be punished." Mahaya teased.

Her father snorted.

"I'm half asleep darling. You're lucky I'm even standing on my two feet, much less jogging." Her Dad grumbled.

Mahaya chuckled as they jogged.

They had completed three laps of half a kilometre before her Dad began to pant.

"That's it. I'm done for the day." He announced as he took deep breaths.

Mahaya tightened her ponytail as she too took deep breaths.

Early morning in Mumbai was beautiful. The sun was in the sky, shining brightly but there was still the cold atmosphere from the night before.

The birds chirping could be heard from the trees.

There were several people jogging in the park now.

"C'mon. You're slacking! You need to run at least five laps a day." Mahaya tried to encourage her father.

He shook his head.

He wiped off the sweat off his forehead by the sleeves of his t-shirt.

"I can't." He panted. "I need to be ready. I'm leaving for Lucknow today afternoon." He informed her as they moved out of the parked.

Mahaya unlocked the car as she asked, "When's the flight?"

"Twelve twenty." Her father answered as he opened the bottle of water.

"When will you be returning?"

"Hopefully by Saturday. It's a two day work." He replied as he gulped down large sips.

Mahaya nodded. It was a Wednesday today.

"That's alright. I'll visit Oye today." Mahaya told him as she parked the car on her regular spot.

Her Dad nodded in understanding.

"You're still going?"

"I want to." She smiled sadly as they both got into the elevator.

---•---

Yashraj's first day as a software engineer in Roy Enterprises was going good.

He wasn't the chief as on his previous job but he surely loved this office better.

His division was on the third floor and well-maintained.

His cubicle was bigger than his previous one.