Epilogue.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Epilogue.

In life, we meet many people. Some leave our sides and we forget about them, some stay forever and some leave, after imprinting their footsteps in our hearts.

Some people are lessons, some are nightmares and some are blessings, the ones we need to be grateful for.

Joanne Clancy once said that life is about the people we meet, and the experiences we have along the way.

So, we don't meet the people by accident. They are meant to cross our paths for some reason.

We meet the people we are supposed to only when the time in right.

So, just when the time was right, they met.

Twenty months later,

She carried her luggage in the cart, pushing it along.

Her now long, curly hair were tied up into a bun.

She smiled at the security card who checked her identity card. Stashing it in her purse, she moved forward.

"Miss. Mahaya. Hope you had a nice flight." The steward of the flight smiled at her.

"The best." She grinned as she bid him goodbye.

Getting out of terminal two at Chhtrapati Shivaji International Airport, she stood, tapping her feet against the pavement, waiting for them.

Then she saw him.

He was looking into his phone, typing something.

His hair had grown longer and he looked like he now worked out.

This was strange. Meeting him after so long.

"Yuvraj?" Mahaya tried to act nonchalant as she called out to him.

He looked at up, maybe at the familiarity of the voice and his eyes widened as he saw her.

He smiled on seeing her smiling at him.

"Yashraj." He corrected.

"Right. Hey, it's been long." She said, trying to break the ice.

How do you talk to the person you have shared so much with after meeting them after such a long time?

"Yeah, where are you coming from?" He asked, noticing her luggage.

Mahaya noticed he hadn't lost his American accent yet. Nice.

"New York." She replied.

New York had been wonderful. It was everything she imagined and more. So much more.

The people, the cases, the experience.

Oh, and didn't she love the place. She almost didn't want to return. That's why she stayed the extra four months, travelling every inch of USA. But then she had to return, because, well, this was her home.

"Wow. You've been there for so long?" Yashraj asked, surprised.

"Yeah. And then I went four months roaming the country with my...well...fiance." She smiled sheepishly, blushing hard and trying to ignore the awkwardness at the same time as she showed off the cushion diamond cut ring, glistening off her ring finger.

Yashraj appeared really surprised.

"Whoa. Me too. But I don't have a ring to show it." He glanced at his left hand and then smiled at Mahaya.