Blast from the plast

Everyone comes with a baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack. -Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother.

________________________________

Chapter twenty-five: blast from the past

Children were running around while the elders were all busy arranging the ceremony final preparations. It was the Sangeet ceremony and everyone had been practising their dances. There were two teams: the bride's side and the groom's side.

Tanya was training the bride's side since last night. After the mehendi, everybody had their dinner and Tanya ordered them to come to the recreation room. She had thought of the songs and the moves.

She had fifteen people in front of her and she was ready to train them for hell.

Mahaya had to time and again remind Tanya that she wasn't going in for a war. This was a mere competition.

Perhaps the only competition Mahaya didn't want to participate in. Especially not when Tanya was in this mood. Mahaya was more of the behind-the-screens person here.

That night she noticed Yashraj was absent in the dining area but then, so were the boys.

She called Kartik who informed her that they were at Rishabh's bachelor party. Mahaya asked if Yashraj was there but Kartik said that he had called it a night.

Suspiciously, Mahaya made it to his room.

Why did he not go? What's so important that he was holed up in his room?

Mahaya had noticed Tanya's cousin flirting with him but Yashraj had politely rejected her advances. And Mahaya wasn't jealous. She was secure of their relationship, now that they'd declared their love for each other.

The conversation in the car came rushing back to her.

"And what am I to you, compared to him?" He had asked her with that expression on his face.

The expression in which he looked like a poor child who wanted to be his mom's favourite.

But this was way more complicated.

Yashraj had asked the question which was the heart of the dilemma.

They were in a relationship where both of them loved each other, made each other completely happy but they had this unknown hurdle in front of them.

They were running together but neither of them knew if they could cross this hurdle.

This obstacle was what decided if they were going to make it or just be left in each other's memories.

Mahaya rang the door bell as she took a few deep breaths.

She wasn't hoping to find Ariana, Tanya's cousin inside and if she did, next day there would be two bodies found.

After a few moments, Yashraj opened the door.

He was wearing a black t-shirt, with track pants and was drying his hair with a towel.

And he looked sexy doing it.

His hair flicked over his mesmerising brown eyes which looked at Mahaya in confusion; he was surprised and glad, yet somehow afraid to find her here.

"Hey." He nervously smiled.

"Hi." Mahaya narrowed her eyes in suspicion as she stepped in.

"Anyone in here I need to know about?" Mahaya asked, looking at Yashraj's face.

It's a well-known fact that you can easily to lie to someone by looking in their eyes, despite what shows and movies tell us.

But that's not what Mahaya was searching for.