Birthday dinner

I thought I'd spend my life looking for someone new but then my life changed when I found you. My heart sings, my eyes glow, when I look at you, my blood flows.

___________________________________

It was Mahaya's birthday. And Yashraj had no idea what to get her.

For the past fourteen days everyone was planning on getting something for her.

Kartik was getting her two days spa tickets, which was unnecessary as they had a spa in their home, tenth floor. But he said that it was Mahaya's favourite place.

Yashraj understood it was Kartik's way of saying he had no idea what to get her.

Tanya was getting her a dress that she badly wanted to get, along with a signed copy of some book Yashraj forgot the name as soon as he heard it.

Arjun said what he had for Mahaya was a surprise.

Tanya jokingly asked him if it was a ring, to which Arjun shyly smiled and Yasheaj deeply scowled.

Yashraj was sitting at the dining table, frowning hard.

"What are you upset about?" Kartik asked as he ate his sandwiches.

"I still haven't got your sister a gift." He grumbled.

"Oh, that's horrible. Mahaya really loves gifts and presents."

"Thank you. I feel a lot better." Yashraj said sarcastically.

"Hey, you got all day to think about it. Mahaya doesn't get home till dinner on her birthday."

"She goes to office?" Yashraj guessed.

Kartik shook his head.

"Mahaya has traditions on this day. She goes to breakfast with Dad, nobody knows where. Then she goes to her office, where she works half day. Then Tanya kidnaps her for the rest of the day and then they together return home where the entire family has dinner."

Yashraj nodded.

"Good. You are helping me get a gift for her." Yashraj told him.

Kartik shook his head.

He struggled, cried, shouted and even yelled for help but Yashraj still took him to the mall.

"So what do I get her?" Yashraj wondered.

Both the boys were in a gift shop, standing in front of soft toys section.

"I don't know. Is there a difference?" Kartik asked, looking at all the teddy bears.

The two boys shook their heads simultaneously.

Yashraj sighed.

"This is a lost cause." Yashraj said.

They walked to the counter.

"How can I help you two?" The employee smiled at them.

"He needs to buy a gift. For a girl." Kartik pointed at Yashraj.

"Is she your girlfriend?" she asked.

"He wishes." Kartik snorted.

Yashraj gave him a pointed look.

"No. She's just a friend."

The employee nodded.

"Alright. We have soft toys that you could gift." She suggested.

"She hates them." Kartik told her.

"And you tell me this after staring at them for fifteen minutes?!" Yashraj shouted at him, hitting him at the back of his head.