Patience is a virtue

A real relationship has fights, trust, faith, pain, lies, argument, tears, patience, secrets, jealousy and love.

_______________________________

Chapter twenty-four: Patience is a virtue.

Yashraj was losing patience. He had to know everything about Abhishek Verma.

He had promised Mahaya that he'd wait until she was ready but he couldn't wait this long.

When he had opened up about his past, he had expected Mahaya to do the same.

He was dating the girl and he knew next to nothing about her past.

Yes it was hurtful and painful. But perhaps if she shared it, it would be easier to bear.

Wasn't it like four years ago?

Yashraj had to force himself to not go asking questions about him. But it was really difficult. Especially when Mahaya and Tanyabuad invited their school and college friends over and they brought up the Abhishek Verma topic.

"Are you kidding?! Everyone of us had a crush on him." A girl named Tanvi gushed as she gulped another shot.

"Yes! He was just so...dreamy!" Ruhi agreed.

Mahaya gave them a fake smile. Yashraj could easily see that she was very uncomfortable with the topic.

"And then he died." Tanvi said and she and Ruhi sighed at the same time.

A wave of pain crossed Mahaya's face.

"I'll get more to drink." She muttered as she left.

Yashraj winced internally.

It's been four years, almost and the death of her ex-boyfriend still haunts her.

Why?

Was she not over him? Didn't she get the closure she required? Does she still miss him? Does she still love him?

That thought horrified him more than anything.

What if she still did love him?

Yashraj didn't know how he would handle the fact.

The mere thought of she showing interest in anyone made his blood boil. Here, she loves someone, she truly loves someone.

And he was in her memories.

How could he possibly compete with that?!

He took a deep breath and steadied himself.

Since the party, he has been searching of ways, ways which would help him know where Mahaya exactly was in this relationship.

All of them had shifted to the Palms Resort for the wedding.

It was a two hour drive to the resort and Mahaya and Yashraj were in one car and for the first time, Mahaya wasn't driving.

Both of them were silent while others were animatedly chatting.

Mahaya had noticed how uncomfortable Yashraj got when Abhishek was mentioned.

She also noticed how his patience was wearing thin.

"Listen, about the party the other night." Mahaya began.

Yashraj looked at her, his eyes gazing with hope that she'd open up.

And she wanted to. This relationship had made her so much happy than she ever thought she'd be. But somehow, it was difficult for her. She willed to but it was going to take a lot of courage from her side.