Unknown jealousy

Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy may exist without love, and this is common.

_________________________________

Chapter nine: Unknown Jealousy

It had been a month since Yashraj Rathore had moved in and Mahaya was getting used to him.

In fact, they even went out together, just the two of them, for two other movies. And they had fun.

It was soon that Mahaya realised that she enjoyed his company.

He was fun to be around, goofy, silly and always on sugar rush.

One day, while driving to home, she saw Yashraj walking down the street, searching for a rickshaw. She made him sit in, even though he insisted, and that's when she realised that he always took a rickshaw or train home.

She felt pity and since that day and after they'd always come and leave together.

Last week, on their way from work, they had to take the other route as their normal one was jammed with traffic.

On the new route, there was a line of candy stores and Yashraj insisted on stopping in each one of them.

Usually by the time people crossed their mid-twenties, they seem to control themselves. Yashraj was all about letting lose.

Maybe that's why he and Tanya blend so well.

Slowly yet firmly, Yashraj was growing on everyone.

Her father seemed to be okay with him so that meant her uncle and her aunt were okay with him.

Her grandfather was always cool with her friends whereas her gran and mother are still a completely different story.

Kartik had introduced Yashraj to his friends but he didn't seem so fond of them, something that delighted Mahaya.

So, after a month, it seemed that Yashraj had always been there.

And they had an everyday routine.

First the breakfast, then the two would drive to work together in order to save the petrol, that is to save Mother Earth.

At the end of the day, they would drive together back and both of them would tell each other about their day.

Their friendship was new and refreshing and Mahaya was happy.

She never thought she could enjoy being with a guy who acted like a twelve year old everyday but she'd gotten used to him.

Mahaya whistled as she waited for Yashraj to get down.

Both of them were going to go back home and it was already eight.

Then she saw him getting out.

"Where were you?!" She asked him, annoyed as she revived the engine.

"Scoring a date." He smirked.

Mahaya looked at him and then in front again.

"You shouldn't get involved with someone you work with." She said nonchant aly.

"Why?"

"Because when you break up, it will cause friction when you work together." She replied.

Somehow it was important to her that she convinced him.

"Well, it's a good thing we ain't in the same department." He replied.

From the corner of her eye, she could see him grin.